What's new
What's new

Longitutdinal feed

Fred T

Cast Iron
I think I posted this question before but am not sure nor can I find it so here goes again. The feed lever on my EE goes all the way down and touches the apron when engaged. I dont think that there is any adjustment left. How do I fix this? Does anyone have a parts breakdown that will show me what is inside the apron. I am not afraid to tear into it as long as I know what I am up against. I also need to have theis machine running all the time as it is my #1 little lathe. The other one is a 13x64 Monarch, but I prefer the EE.
Thanks
Fred T

[To others that may respond to Fred's plea... don't want to be redundant]

I am forwarding a copy of Sheet 143 and 145, Unit EE 7, to Fred. This is out of the manual that comes with the machine. It gives the parts breakdown for the cross feed and logitudinal feed stems. With luck it might provide some insight to him on how to fix the problem.

Hmmm, as I was writing this I recalled how to fix this problem. I believe, Fred, all you need to do is tighten the nut that is on the face of the friction stem. That should adjust the throw of the lever. On the drawing I sent you I believe this nut is EE 1725, but it is a little hard to tell. Hope this helps!

Alan

[This message has been edited by wrench (edited 03-13-2003).]

[This message has been edited by wrench (edited 03-13-2003).]

The manual has the text "Clockwise rotation of nut tightens the friction. It should be adjusted so that the lever becomes tight at about a 45 deg angle down. The crossfeed friction nut is adjusted in the same way."

You could make up a wrench to engage the slots for tightening. I have a Facom pin wrench that takes pin or slot inserts that works well on the bigger stuff like this.

Thanks for the insight and the scans. The problem is that the adjustment is already gone. I know that because I tried it first. I need to move on to the next step of adjustment, I think that it is called rebuild.
Thanks
Fred T

Back