What's new
What's new

Looking for 10EE Turret Manual

rimcanyon

Diamond
I'm sure Monarch had a special manual for the 10EE turret, but one was not included with the manual I purchased from Monarch. The 49 mfg. lathe has been disassembled and reassembled at this point, and all the functionality is good except the power turret. The turret has a clutch that controls the power feed, and there are a pair of jamb nuts on the handle shaft to adjust the clutch tension, so I have the feed working. The turret feed can also be controlled manually with the 4-spoke hand wheel. Turning the handwheel in reverse causes the turret to spin for the next tool. What is not clear to me is how the small lever to the right of the hand wheel functions. It is currently not adjusted correctly, and it binds when the jamb nuts are tightened for the power feed. The feed release mechanism works, and the small lever is part of that system.

The reason I think there was a special turret manual is that I used to own a 1958 mfg. 10EE with automatic tracer attachment, and it had a very detailed manual that I still have.

Is your turret apron driven by the feed rod ? And can the feed rod reverse ? If so, turret apron needs forward and reverse. Maybe that lever controls FWD/REV ?

I see you have what looks like 6 speeds on turret apron. I would guess the one lever does A, B, C. The other lever D and E for the speed select:

113.jpg

Looking this view I can't tell the other two levers right of 4 spoke hand wheel. Looks like one might interfere with the 4 spoke, but could be perspective.

114.jpg

Not a Monarch, but my turret TS apron is driven by main leadscrew. Because leadscrew can turn either direction, turret apron needs fwd/rev function or turret head will try to drawl backwards instead of toward chuck, if going the wrong way.

Back