What's new
What's new

Looking for C16J tubes

LetErEat

Plastic
Hey all I have a monarch 10ee and I'm looking for a couple C16J to get the MG drive back up and running. I'm located in North Central Illinois near Rockford if anyone could help me out that would me much appreciated

Andrew

If you are talking about the lathe in your other posts, you have a Modular type electronics, not a MG, which is a earlier Motor/Generator style system. Labeeman we just typed at the same time. :)

Wow those things are worth like a thousand bucks each. I saved a pair years ago. I'm pretty sure they work.
They are yours for the shipping if interested. PM me.
Chris

Not looking very hard. Well-covered on PM. Conception, early experiments, improvement and refinements to a reliable option.

They work OK. The developer has paid attention to real-world 10EE spike experience and improved them accordingly.

JMNSHO they could work "longer" with even higher PIV components yet, and probably WILL do, but only if they HAVE to.

The barrier? A pair already exceed the price of a used SSD drive, approach the cost of a NOS one. Still cheaper and waay faster to adopt than a NEW SSD drive, and the last stash remaining of CJ16/5665 hollow-state are going scarce and/or over $1,000 USD....so... be glad of choices, yah?

well, I did a quick search and in 30 seconds it was not apparent

136 bucks each and plug in I think that is well below the cost of a replacement drive

Several guys here are happy with Timothy Jones' C16J replacements. Read through the above thread before you plop down big buck for replacement tubes.

I've considered a pair of the replacements and I have a lifetime's supply of the real tubes. I'm just waiting for the model that replicates the C16J's light show.

Wow, I just love reading a thread where I know all the words and still have no idea what they are talking about

I am glad the units I referenced are his, I just found them on the web

Back