What's new
What's new

Looking for a few 10ee parts.

zamboni2354

Cast Iron
Hey guys,

Looking for a couple parts for a 1988 10ee lathe I picked up from a scrap yard.
1. I'm looking for the bracket the potentiometer mounts to.
2.Also, a drum switch like the one in the photo.
3. The large handwheel on the apron
4. The 3 aluminum decorative slats for the lower cover.

Of course I'd also be interested in a steady rest, follower rest, and 5c closer set up as well.

Here's photos of the drum switch and potentiometer mount I'm looking for and slats.

If you're looking for a part for your 10ee and have any of the parts I need, let me know because I have a parts machine and if I have what you need maybe we could work out a trade.

Thanks
Jeff
2bbe7e65e430cb0c4809255c871384d5.jpg
84e2332f5d9ec19a996176749649027d.jpg
f15be62e744b2898e36db1b446501537.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

I was missing all but two of my slats so I used some aluminum flat stock and contoured the edges on the milling machine to size. Once painted, you can't even tell they're not original. Don

The potentiometer mount rke[pler had was not the correct one, so I'm still looking for that as well as the other parts.

Regarding the pot bracket, I have that style in my lathe 1976 I/M. It may be hard to source in the wild, the later machines don't get scrapped often..

If you can't find one, I may be able to loan you mine when I take may lathe down to change beds. That won't be for a few weeks yet. The bracket could be made of a weldment easily and the material doesn't need to be anywhere near as robust. Some angle and dust cover would work. Have you tried calling Monarch? They strip machines and have a pretty good stash of used parts.

Steve

Regarding the pot bracket, I have that style in my lathe 1976 I/M. It may be hard to source in the wild, the later machines don't get scrapped often..

If you can't find one, I may be able to loan you mine when I take may lathe down to change beds. That won't be for a few weeks yet. The bracket could be made of a weldment easily and the material doesn't need to be anywhere near as robust. Some angle and dust cover would work. Have you tried calling Monarch? They strip machines and have a pretty good stash of used parts.

Steve
Thanks for the reply Steve. I checked with Monarch . They didn't have any used ones and want a little over 300 bucks. If I can't find one I'd love the opportunity to borrow yours to copy. Thanks jeff

Well, count me lucky. Found one of the parts I was looking for!! I bought the aluminum casting that bolts to this piece to cover the potentiometer and the seller had the part listed that this part bolts to on the machine but this part was not listed so I sent a message and they responded, "As luck would have it we were re-organizing our shop last week & found some additional 10ee parts in back stock & another one of these assemblies was among them"

Check that off the list!!!

Jeff

8e4d8fe4fd6dd1c94bca47830ab306de.jpg

Back