What's new
What's new

Looking for info on Monarch waa

superglock

Plastic
I found a lot# waa, serial# 11409?, Then a #965. I am trying to find out about motor hp and weight of this machine.

I was wondering value, I live in the Pacific Northwest. This I know is hard but the machine is clean, Seems free to turn and tight at the dial's.

I am trying to decide if it is worth buying.

Thanks for any info

I called Monarch and by the serial number they said it is a 14x54, Weights just short of 500lbs. They still make gears and hard parts, Castings are much more difficult. The guy is asking 2500 for the machine.

Way too much for a nearly eighty year old. Maybe half that. Only in general, here are some "W" scans from about then. Probably not exactly like WAA

A 14 could have something like 5 or 7 1/2 HP.

11409 is from 1942

You need to add a zero to that 500 Lbs :D

Can email the even older CW16 manual if you want to private message that address. Not exactly for WAA but in the same era. These old Monarch pubs are just a few pages.

Attachments

• scan 01.jpg
    scan 01.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 108
  • Scan 02.jpg
    Scan 02.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 90
  • scan 03.jpg
    scan 03.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 96
Yes should have been 5000 lbs. here in Washington state lathes are quite expensive compared to a lot of other places. I also don't know if I need one that big.

I am new to this, I had a Sidney lathe and a small southbend for years and just sold them, Thinking something mid sized.

Went and looked at this again today, Also found out there are a couple of boxes of stuff to go with it. Also some pictures.
1941 monarch.jpg,1941 monarch2.jpg,1941 monarch3.jpg,1941 monarch.jpg
Hope the pictures work.

Only the second one of the "travel dials" by Monarch I have seen. The CW 16 of mine came with one. I have to unbolt it before I bolt on my thread dial - not nicely installed in apron like the photos:D

Man is it had to find a decent choice of machines around here. I keep looking here in Washington State, Oregon and Idaho. Not a ton of option in my price range. I did also find a Bradley unit.

What does everyone guess it would cost to crate and ship a 5000lb lathe plus misc accessories 3000+ miles across the USA to Washington State? You that live east of the Mississippi are lucky when it comes to used machinery.

What does everyone guess it would cost to crate and ship a 5000lb lathe plus misc accessories 3000+ miles across the USA to Washington State? You that live east of the Mississippi are lucky when it comes to used machinery.

I know a retired guy who delivers equipment as his hobby. He did a fantastic job on a 5000 lb steam engine, Detroit to Virginia for $650. He will try to combine trips to save you costs.

PM me for his contact info.

Back