Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Metric 10EE

Country
    NORWAY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I live in Norway, and I have a metric 10EE made in 1949. Yes, leadscrews, feeds and threads are all metric, and it has danish plates. Do any of you know how many of this EE variety was made? Do you know if there ever was an imperial change gear set made for it? I would like to hear from any in this grup with a similar machine.

Ole Steen

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If you send me the ser.# of the lathe I'll send you a copy of all the original paper work. As far as change gears go all there are, is english for your machine. Monarch made lathe for export but there is no way to know the exact number.

Country
    NORWAY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks a lot for your offer, Scott. The lathe is ser. no. EE32217. I have owned it since 1977, when i found it under a pile of debris at a used machine vendor's here in Oslo. It did not run, and the guy had no idea of how the MG system worked. I bought it for Nkr.5000 ($600).

I later found out that there was no voltage from the exiter, but there was continuity everywhere and no shorts. I formed a hypothesis of low remnant magnetism, and a brief shorting of the exiter terminals with my swiss army knife did the trick, the beast woke up. It has been running ever since, and gone through a major rebuild in my basement three years ago. I will post some pictures in the gallery.

Ole Steen
    Skjellveien 10
    N- 0198 Oslo
    Norway

D. Thomas Guest

Ole, might be better to post 10ee photos here, but either place ok, up to you.