What's new
What's new

Thyratron Power Supply Resurrection (General Interest)

Briney Eye

Plastic
I don't have a 10ee yet, but I lust after one, and pre-educating myself on the drive principles led me to this video. Skip to about the halfway point for the real action.

Now I want a 10ee with the thyratron supply just for the pretty lights! I just have to build a bigger shop first :(. Have to find a contractor in the next few weeks and get it built this year.

-Jon

I was fortunate to have access to a Sencore Z , and was able to cherry pick a good working set of caps from a couple of discarded WIAD units. Actually most of those military grade metal sealed caps were still good...and still are 20 yrs later.

I don't have a 10ee yet, but I lust after one, and pre-educating myself on the drive principles led me to this video. Skip to about the halfway point for the real action.

Now I want a 10ee with the thyratron supply just for the pretty lights! I just have to build a bigger shop first :(. Have to find a contractor in the next few weeks and get it built this year.

-Jon

I worked with thyratrons when they were the only game in town. As the saying goes, if you can't say something good about something, don't say anything.

The glow is pretty. That's all I have to say.

Get some type 866 or 872 rectifier tubes and set them up in a display, lit up.

Bill

The later module drive machines were greatly improved sometime in the late 70s, these machines use faster acting square D switches, and have an improved QSD relay, a devise that can cause problems in older machines.
This is the type I use mostly because I need the inch/metric feature, that came in the 70s.

Back