What's new
What's new

Monarch 10ee module needed

Nicholas Bove

Plastic
I am on the hunt for a monarch plugin tube module for my 1963 monarch. Any leads for this much needed part will be greatly appreciated!

I am on the hunt for a monarch plugin tube module for my 1963 monarch. Any leads for this much needed part will be greatly appreciated!

Email Timothy Jones <[email protected]> and look at his site too.

He can make the complete module box although he doesn't show it on his website as available. The only thing missing from his kits (currently listed) is the connector and the box and securing rod with knob. I made some of the connectors myself, and I even have an original Monarch connector if you need to buy one.

So, if you have an old module with the connector in good condition, and the box, you can get one completely assembled from Tim (he will put it all together for you if you want).

Some say the module boxes come in different versions, but I don't believe that they do.

In any case, I have a 1961, and Tim's version works great, I believe it was quite an improvement on the original.

John

I should clarify, there is a module board that the module box screws into, I was talking about the module box (black box). I also have a module board in my parts bin.

Also, you can buy a module box from Monarch, last time I asked it was $2000.

I have the board that tilts down that the tubes are on still in the machine. I need the whole plugin module box. As my machine is unfortunately missing it. I can easily rebuild the module So the overall condition of it isn’t really important, just as long as it’s complete.

Save yourself having to rebuild it, buy a Module from Tim (as noted above).

I've been running one for quite some time-- I find it works better that the stock unit that it replaced.

That plug was probably special, seems to be no replacement, Monarch recommended having a spare and at one time repairing them. Perhaps they can provide one.

For general interest, the module is the interface from the machines controls to the drive system, if it is removed the machine will run at one speed, and have no dynamic braking.

The brain, the black box.
4dZU9gw.jpg

I have the board that tilts down that the tubes are on still in the machine. I need the whole plugin module box. As my machine is unfortunately missing it. I can easily rebuild the module So the overall condition of it isn’t really important, just as long as it’s complete.

You have nothing to worry about to get the module box. Tim can get you fixed up. He isn't as easy to get ahold of as he was a year ago.
I think success does that to people.

I love your method of replacing diodes in your original module, donie. Very nice.

I have had the guts of complete spindle module replacements including a connector for some time now. The hold up has been my own procrastinating in getting sheet metal. I expect to have complete modules sometime in December. Some people may be interested in how the connector is accomplished (inspired by John S01) and some other observations regarding the module but don't want to co-opt this thread.

I imagine that there are quite a few original modules floating around out there that are left over from conversions or spares on shelves - if only you could find them.

Email Timothy Jones <[email protected]> and look at his site too.

He can make the complete module box although he doesn't show it on his website as available. The only thing missing from his kits (currently listed) is the connector and the box and securing rod with knob. I made some of the connectors myself, and I even have an original Monarch connector if you need to buy one.

So, if you have an old module with the connector in good condition, and the box, you can get one completely assembled from Tim (he will put it all together for you if you want).

John

Hi John,

I'm in the process of rewiring the electronic power unit (the tip out board) on my 1962 10EE and believed I had everything labeled, thus I removed all of the wires from the receptacle (connector) on the board which connects the black module to the machine. My problem is I believe two of the pins had 2 wires attached to them and I also have a couple of pins where I'm not sure what they connect to. From my pictures I think I may have an idea. Would you by chance know what each of the pins from the receptacle connects to?

I do have the manual for my machine, but I can't figure this out.

I am hoping you can help me out.

Rick

Maybe these will help, from blueprint 22633:

10ee_module_wire_1.jpg

10ee_module_wire_2.jpg

Thanks for the post, if I'm reading the diagram correctly, this shows the connections from the pins to what's inside the module. I didn't receive this information in my manual, so I can definitely add this information to my manual.

Unfortunately what I'm looking for is the flip side, the connections from the pins to what's on the electronic power unit itself. :)

Rick if you ordered the manual for your machine from Monarch and need more info call Monarch and request it. They will or can enlarge pages also.
They didn't charge me for my request.

Hal

Back