What's new
What's new

Monarch 10EE parts?

focusrsh

Aluminum
Just bought a 1942 Monarch 10EE. It needs a shift fork in the head, which Monarch quotes $287/5 weeks. Seems reasonable, but I was also advised to join this website and ask if anyone has parts from a lathe that has been scrapped and is parting it out.

Monarch wanted $750.00 for a lever that broke on my 610. I made a jig to hold the broken parts together and brazed it back together. Works just fine. I have seen lots of 10EE parts online from scrapped machines when I was looking for my lever. Seems 10EE parts are more common. Good luck.

Just bought a 1942 Monarch 10EE. It needs a shift fork in the head, which Monarch quotes $287/5 weeks. Seems reasonable, but I was also advised to join this website and ask if anyone has parts from a lathe that has been scrapped and is parting it out.
Are you missing the fork, or is it just badly worn?

Cal

That's very reasonable. A one-off at right about the parts-only cost for ONE new caliper, rotor, pads, one side, each of a MOPAR van, of which gadzillions were made and are still being made. I have the invoice. For the van.

My own '42 shifter fork was luck. Another member did have one.

Back then.

I now have parts from part-outs, but that was not among them. What we get are mostly the parts NEVER needed - the needfuls gone right up front as part of the tear-down!

As the fork IS a part that sees both wear and damage, finding a used one still "good" gets harder, each passing year.

Sorry, didn't know there were sub-forums. (It isn't too obvious when you first sign up.) I'll try finding it.

Back