What's new
What's new

Monarch 10EE parts for Sale

rimcanyon

Diamond
I have some 10EE parts acquired over the years that I don't anticipate a need for. No photos, but if you need details please PM.

5HP DC motors. One is a GE, the other Louis Allis Pacemaker. Both are good. $250 ea. These are an easy way to convert a 3HP WIAD to 5HP. There may be a slight change needed to the WIAD electrics, I am not sure, but the information is in the forum, do a search. They are heavy... Neither one includes a 2-spd gearbox.

Tailstock quill. $50
Tailstock clamp handle. $50
Metric cross slide and compound dials for round dial machine. I also have a quill for the tailstock with metric scale, but I would need to swap out the quill for a regular quill that is in good shape. The dial assemblies are old, well-made, nice condition. They may be original Monarch, or they may be aftermarket. I have never seen them in any catalog. They came on my 1940 Sundstrand 10EE. They work via planetary gears to transpose the regular imperial pitch screws, and you can turn the transposing on/off by rotating the dial. $350
Spindle and gearbox pulleys. Lots of varieties, all original Monarch. Flat belt, v-belt, different diameters. Ask if you are looking for something specific. $30 ea.
Bronze dials for a round dial (gearbox, feed/thread, on/off motor generator, and a couple more). Excellent condition. $100 for all

More... Will post it later.

-Dave

Last edited:
Dave,
I would need a set of round dial MG spindle and gearbox pulleys. Also if by chance you have one I need a spindle lock (the casting that bolts to the headstock) for the Sundstrand machine I am restoring.

Bill, yes, this is the bed clamp. The big end is a bit bunged up, but the ball is still intact. Its definitely a part I would use if I needed one, but you might need to redo the taper pin hole or setscrew in the big end. I'll hold it for you.

I am on for that if you mean tailstock to bed.

BOTH of mine have broken-off ball-ends, but 'druther make a different style for the quill clamp anyway... and already have the materials.

Thanks,

Bill

Dave,
I would need a set of round dial MG spindle and gearbox pulleys. Also if by chance you have one I need a spindle lock (the casting that bolts to the headstock) for the Sundstrand machine I am restoring.

I need more information. v-belt or flat belt? Pulley Diameters? If you aren't sure about dia., what RPM is the tach (or what RPM range do you want)? What kind of output shaft is on the gearbox (there are at least 3 variants: round and two types of spline). If it is a round shaft, what is the dia., just to be on the safe side.

It has aftermarket pulleys right now but should be 2500RPM. Flat Belt are fine. I will look at the shaft for the motor/backgear tomorrow. Any chance on the spindle lock?

Any chance you might have the tailstock way plates? I also would like to find the tailstock hand wheel. My new project is a 1945 square dial.

Additional Items #1

I have lots of 10EE parts, many are for sale. Some of the items shown in the photos following are not for sale until I verify that they are not needed for my 59 project lathe or my 1940 Sundstrand lathe.

Please do not PM about these parts or reply to the thread asking for prices or wanting to purchase. I will not reply to PM's or respond in this thread, unless it is a question about what the part is. Instead email me at dave at rimcanyon dot net.

Bronze round-dial plates, 5C (non-Monarch but adaptable) collet closer, spindle, cross slide felt wiper from a 60 or 61, felt/rubber laminated way wipes from a 60/61, tailstock dial assembly with broken shaft, set of felt wipes for a 10EE, modular switch assemblies, handle for a Monarch tool cabinet, 127/72 metric transposing gear for a round-dial, round dial metric thread plate, square dial metric thread plate, modular diode rack and box of diodes, misc. small partsIMG_2348.jpg

Misc. castings: ELSR, round-dial gear-shift lever with rheostat speed control assembly, 220/110 control transformer, idler pulley bracket, misc.
IMG_2351.jpgIMG_2353.jpg

spindle oil dams, bars from a front panel, oil pump levers, sight glasses, misc. headstock parts, aluminum handles & cam locks for doors, knock-out-bar hangers, spindle on/off/left/right handle assembly, electric panel hinges, oil lines, top rear headstock cover lock knob and lock plate, spindle lock casting, ELSR part, tailstock or threading engagement lever, base for threading engagement lever, square-dial gearbox knob assemblies, leadscrew for tracer, headstock cover hardware, thread dial parts, hand wheel for round-dial ELSR, etc.
IMG_2356.jpg

Headstock gearing, dog clutches, on/off switch end plates, tailstock quill assemblies, cross slide screws (with and without TA), compound screw, tailstock screw, speedometer gear assemblies, misc. gearbox and headstock cover plates, tailstock lower spindle & cam
IMG_2357.jpg

Additional Items #2

2-spd gearbox shift rods, 2-spd gearbox shift lever assemblies with knob, idler pulleys, ball-bearing gib assemblies, headstock eng gearing brackets, gearbox internal parts, feed pulley brackts, misc. headstock castings, apron clamps
IMG_2359.jpg

Square-dial cross slide, round dial cross slide (hand-scraped), round dial cross slide with rear toolpost dovetail, square dial compound base and top, cross slide cover plate, square dial cross slide end cover, round dial cross slide end cover
IMG_2358.jpg

Apron hand wheel, two-speed gearbox with round pulley shaft, two-speed gearbox with splined pulley shaft, CH contactor, new bearings for 10EE, round-dial cross slide handle assembly, square dial cross slide, round dial feed/thread casting and knob, MG on/off plate and switch, reversing switch, coolant pump switch, round dial tachometers, square dial tachometer with generator, metric transposing cross slide and compound dial assemblies for square dial, one flat belt pulley for 2-spd gearbox, two v-belt pulleys for 2-spd gearbox, one v-belt pulley for spindle (has chip, needs to be tig-welded), cover plate for oil sump, two cross slide dial-assemblies, spindle bearings (used)
IMG_2362.jpgIMG_2363.jpgIMG_2364.jpg

Additional Items #3

Monarch toolpost (not shown) with knurling attachment (not shown), 5 tool holders (shown below) and original rack that mounts on the 10EE base casting. The rack is aluminum and needs to be tig-welded on the back. I can provide additional photos, sorry for the poor quality of the last one.

IMG_2365.jpgIMG_2367.jpgIMG_2368.jpg

5HP 10EE motor
IMG_2369.jpg

3HP 3Ph motor from Sundstrand drive, transformer from WIAD
IMG_2370.jpg

Monarch Tool Post

Some more photos:

The Monarch tool post includes the tool holders already shown, the original wrenches plus two toolposts (one for each lathe, they can share tool holders) and a knurling tool:

IMG_2379.jpgIMG_2380.jpgIMG_2381.jpgIMG_2384.jpgIMG_2385.jpg

Monarch Accessories

I found some more Monarch items I want to sell, these are all accessories, some are pretty hard to find!

cast iron clamshell dial indicator for early round dial lathe. This one is metric and came on a Sundstrand lathe. Includes the dovetail to attach to the end of the saddle.
IMG_2386.jpgIMG_2389.jpg

Narrow and wide vee fingers for a round dial follower rest. Originally each follower rest came with two fingers (one wide and one narrow), but every one I have seen for sale only has one. The one on the right is broken, the knob and the end of the screw are missing.
IMG_2390.jpg

Monarch indexing toolpost, turret bed stop with 4 lufkin micrometer heads, square dial clamshell indicator that mounts on the left edge of the saddle, bed stop that mounts on the same dovetail as the indicator.
IMG_2406.jpgIMG_2407.jpg

I found some more Monarch items I want to sell, these are all accessories, some are pretty hard to find!

cast iron clamshell dial indicator for early round dial lathe. This one is metric and came on a Sundstrand lathe. Includes the dovetail to attach to the end of the saddle.
View attachment 146618View attachment 146619

Narrow and wide vee fingers for a round dial follower rest. Originally each follower rest came with two fingers (one wide and one narrow), but every one I have seen for sale only has one. The one on the right is broken, the knob and the end of the screw are missing.
View attachment 146620

Monarch indexing toolpost, turret bed stop with 4 lufkin micrometer heads, square dial clamshell indicator that mounts on the left edge of the saddle, bed stop that mounts on the same dovetail as the indicator.
View attachment 146621View attachment 146622

Is the turret bed stop still available?

Kevin

Back