What's new
What's new

Monarch 10EE PIN FACE NUTS ?

Mac007

Aluminum
What is the Proper Name for the Round Cap/Face Pin Nuts ?

I have ordered the Park SPA 1 & 2 pin spanner wrenches, but I am wanting to know what these Nuts are called. Thanks

I think they are just called nuts, I do not think Monarch ever offered a tool for them.
I used an old adjustable bicycle pin spanner on them, then later made tools for it, I cant find a photo of the tool, I can take one later.
There are three sizes on the machine, all have 1/8" holes.

I think they are just called nuts, I do not think Monarch ever offered a tool for them.
I used an old adjustable bicycle pin spanner on them, then later made tools for it, I cant find a photo of the tool, I can take one later.
There are three sizes on the machine, all have 1/8" holes.

Good to know about the 1/8th inch diameter. Thanks

I raced bicycles when I was younger and faster, and I have all the Park wrenches. I got this one for the workshop, though. Once they are loosened from 50 years of crud, I left pins in them to get off easily. For the tiny compound one you just have to drill two holes in aluminum and make your own peg spanner.

Attachments

• IMG_0931 copy.jpg
    IMG_0931 copy.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0930 copy.jpg
    IMG_0930 copy.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0929 copy.jpg
    IMG_0929 copy.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0928 copy.jpg
    IMG_0928 copy.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 80
Technically, the part under discussion is a screw, not a nut.
Believe one name for them is "drilled spanner drive screw".

Just use snap ring pliers. They work perfectly and if you have a good quality set of them (snap-on or mac) available used, and usually in very good condition if you wait for the right set, they are great for all those type of "pin nuts" as you call them.

Back