What's new
What's new

Monarch 10EE spindle question

upfberg

Plastic
I have a 10EE and when installing my chuck 2 of the 3 cams? ( sorry I don't know what they are called) rotate and stop like you would expect and the third one rotates all the way around. I tried to put a collet chuck on and all three of them rotate 360 degrees. I would think that the cams are worn out. when you look into the spindle you can see them moving and they look like the should work properly but they don't seem to. My question is are those cams bad? What are they truly Called? and would someone Have a parts machine that would be willing to part with them if they are bad? thanks Brian

I have a 10EE and when installing my chuck 2 of the 3 cams? ( sorry I don't know what they are called) rotate and stop like you would expect and the third one rotates all the way around. I tried to put a collet chuck on and all three of them rotate 360 degrees. I would think that the cams are worn out. when you look into the spindle you can see them moving and they look like the should work properly but they don't seem to. My question is are those cams bad? What are they truly Called? and would someone Have a parts machine that would be willing to part with them if they are bad? thanks Brian

check this out the attached and feel free to research the same for similar information or keep asking and we'll help

Small_CamLock.jpg

Back