Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Monarch 10EE spindle question

I have a 10EE and when installing my chuck 2 of the 3 cams? ( sorry I don't know what they are called) rotate and stop like you would expect and the third one rotates all the way around. I tried to put a collet chuck on and all three of them rotate 360 degrees. I would think that the cams are worn out. when you look into the spindle you can see them moving and they look like the should work properly but they don't seem to. My question is are those cams bad? What are they truly Called? and would someone Have a parts machine that would be willing to part with them if they are bad? thanks Brian

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by upfberg View Post
    I have a 10EE and when installing my chuck 2 of the 3 cams? ( sorry I don't know what they are called) rotate and stop like you would expect and the third one rotates all the way around. I tried to put a collet chuck on and all three of them rotate 360 degrees. I would think that the cams are worn out. when you look into the spindle you can see them moving and they look like the should work properly but they don't seem to. My question is are those cams bad? What are they truly Called? and would someone Have a parts machine that would be willing to part with them if they are bad? thanks Brian
    check this out the attached and feel free to research the same for similar information or keep asking and we'll help

small_camlock.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Make sure the pins are adjusted right, sounds like the one that goes roundy round needs to be twisted in one turn to the chuck...Phil

4. Likes rakort, DualValve liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Montana View Post
    Make sure the pins are adjusted right, sounds like the one that goes roundy round needs to be twisted in one turn to the chuck...Phil
    I'll add that "now and then" the cam studs DO get so badly worn in shops that change nose-art OFTEN enough, they will not lock-up even when seated, hard-down.

Compare the shape of the upper edge of the "Cee" cutout to a(ny) new(er) one.

Note the wear is obvious. Order and fit NEW studs. Then adjust.

The mating camlocks in the spindle are hardened "harder" and wear out at a very much slower rate.

Those, too can be ordered and replaced. Mack-it makes both. Their studs have US threads.

Spindle-resident goods are the same, any system of measure. No threads involved.

Shars carry the weaker Metric-threaded studs if that is what your goods require, but they are strong enough.

The range-limiter anchor capscrews are US or Metric according to the goods and studs. Also stock items, generally, so sourcing is easier.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This morning I screwed that retaining pin in and that solved my problem. I Appreciate the replies from everyone. thanks Brian