What's new
What's new

Monarch 14C

jjensenjr

Plastic
By chance would anyone know the bearing number for the clutch sheave. I would like to have a new one before i dismantle the old one and I dont think Monarch would give that info out.

By chance would anyone know the bearing number for the clutch sheave. I would like to have a new one before i dismantle the old one and I dont think Monarch would give that info out.

Its item 24 and there are a pair. Seems reasonable to ask them. Have your serial ready - they will ask for it

CW16 parts book page

Manual scan_11.jpg

Its item 24 and there are a pair. Seems reasonable to ask them. Have your serial ready - they will ask for it

CW16 parts book page

View attachment 300143

On my 1944 12" CK, it was a McGill FRD 1 5/8. Note that this one was a single large bearing, not a pair is on John's 16" CW, so it would seem this varied by size or perhaps by year. I managed to find the McGill as a NOS part for $$$ as my local bearing shop couldn't find anything equivalent. Also John's part diagram shows a sheave with 4 belts, mine only has 3. I seem to recall someone saying that for some of these bearings, Monarch had a conversion/alternate.

Regardless of all this, calling Monarch is certainly worth a try.

I'll second the recommendation to call Monarch. They (Steve) are very responsive and provide great service. I bought a number of bearings for the apron of my 16 CY from them and contrary to what i expected, the price was reasonable.

Mark

Back