What's new
What's new

Monarch digital readout

Flightmap

Plastic
I did a search for info on what brands of digital readout others have used on their 10ee 20” lathes. Very surprised to not get any returns. Soooo, I am interested in thoughts about what to do/not to do, brands, etc for this lathe. The PO had one mounted, so it is ready for the scales. Now I am wondering who’s scales and readout others have used and like.

i really wanted to go with a trav a dial but it looks like a full DRO package may be cheaper (hint, hint)

I just purchased my Monarch and although it had a perfectly adequate Mitutoyo DRO and scales I had to upgrade to install my Heidenhain PT855 and the appropriate Heidenhain scales.

Ive installed 3 heidenhains on three different machines. the most current one i installed a Ditron that i got off ebay. I find the heidenhains are good but the manual is hard to understand how to operate all the features.

I have an old Fagor DRO on my 10EE. It resolves to 0.0001" on the diameter and I would not want any less resolution on a 10EE. It reads to 0.0002" on the axial movement, which is fine but not too fine. I have worked with a new Fagor, and it seems decent enough.

Second the Newall DP700. I went with microsyn encoders and bought a kit that was meant for a Hardinge HVL lathe. Only had to fab one bracket for the Z scale to mount it and a bracket to mount the post for the readout. Easy afternoon job.

Bob

Back