What's new
What's new

Monarch Edgemont 8SF Clutch parts

WillWilly

Aluminum
All,
I am looking for some parts for an Edgemont 8SF clutch on my Monarch CY. I thought I had seen a contact for a guy that works on these and may have parts but I have gone through the forum and can't seem to locate where I saw this.

Of course I need the most complicated parts, "A" in the attached photo and "N". Body and Cam. I doubt if I will find a Cam in good condition and may have to make a new one, once my lathe is working.

If anyone can assist in contact information or if you have an 8SF clutch laying around, I am interested.

You can see mine has a chunk out of the body. This happened when one of the levers broke ("G") and crashed the clutch, breaking the body. My Cam is warn so the indexing of the clutch is almost nonexistent, which could allow the drive to come disengaged.

William

Edgemont Clutch.jpg

Clutch assembly.jpg

Last edited:
Call 'em directly-
Mecco Edgemont Clutch Co
1025 E 2nd St, Tulsa, OK 74120

(918) 583-3060

I spoke with the guy earlier this year, the work wasn't the cheapest but it seemed fairly priced.

Call 'em directly-
Mecco Edgemont Clutch Co
1025 E 2nd St, Tulsa, OK 74120

(918) 583-3060

I spoke with the guy earlier this year, the work wasn't the cheapest but it seemed fairly priced.

Thank you very much! Spoke with a Tom Rogers. They have the parts, just a bit scared of what the cost will be since I need to have the body of the clutch bored to fit my machine...

I love this site!

William

As far as part 'A', I'd find a work around rather than buying that thing new.

Like a soft set screw through the side, if the damage even amounts to a functional complication. It may not.

As far as part 'A', I'd find a work around rather than buying that thing new.

Like a soft set screw through the side, if the damage even amounts to a functional complication. It may not.

The work around is if I need to adjust my clutch in the area of the missing teeth for the lock lever, I would have to add a thin shim under the adjuster to change where the lock lever lands.

Back