What's new
What's new

Monarch info?

derekpfeiffer

Plastic
40be1d6fa7ef3751a6b33a861981448b.jpg

I have the opportunity to purchase this Monarch 20x50 Lathe for $1700. Does anyone know anything about this particular one? I’m not familiar with the Monarch’s. Seems like a steal to me! Unfortunately I’ll have to drive 9hrs to get it tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol!! I know I know! I’m on night shift and the riggers won’t be there till next week anyways. Can’t get headed there soon enough!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Um ya, it's big, has lots of levers. It's clean. You one lucky SOB

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I saw that very lathe sell at auction for $600. Speed 9-400 rpm. Looks nice. There may be some indications of wear on the face of the outer vee way - nothing serious, just not completely even in photos. It very well could just be the way the wiper is contacting. If you do not have the original auction listing, with more photos, PM me.

Catalog 20"M, I think. 22.5" actual. Date looks like 12-1940. Ser may be 8947.

I see a curious looking lube line running across the apron, just above the hand wheel.

Is this someone dealing it right off the auction floor? Or did the auctionneer get stuck with it, shill bidding?

At least late enuf to have the D1-8" spindle nose. My M had the antique proprietary flanged nose Monarch brought out in late twenties

These are big capable heavy Monarchs - just not quite as big as N or NN

Its got the flame hardened bed as well.
Timken spindle and industry standard spindle nose and made at a time when cost was almost irreverent.
If its got taper turning it benefits from the best one ever made.
If it wasnt for the 10000mile gap id be beating you to it.
As you may be able to tell im a bit of a monarch fan!

Back