CBB from 1930

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I recently got an older monarch as well, and the previous owner has no idea what model number. The ebay listing with a couple of pictures is here: Monarch Engine Lathe 20" x 42" with taper attachment | eBay.

I checked the lathe ways, and found a lot number stamped in, along with inspection information. The lot # is B2375. Unlike the picture in the PDF in reply #3, the serial number is parallel to the vee, instead of perpendicular, and doesn't have a machine number.

Anyone have any ideas what model of lathe this is?

Post Thanks / Like

B suggests 18" or 20" and 2375 says 1929. Such designations are left over from the Model A (14 and 16") cone head era - before later and more familiar designations became the norm

VM has this from October 1928 - top speed is 311, and it has a 3 1/2 - 4 threaded spindle nose - not something you will find for sale when shopping for more spindle tooling or back plates for a differing chuck (and since your machine is from the next year it may instead have their proprietary flanged spindle nose - which is equally odd ball)

http://vintagemachinery.org/pubs/2103/20805.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by CulinaryOne View Post
    The lot # is B2375. Unlike the picture in the PDF in reply #3, the serial number is parallel to the vee, instead of perpendicular, and doesn't have a machine number.

Anyone have any ideas what model of lathe this is?
    Last edited by johnoder; 09-27-2019 at 11:30 AM.

4. Likes Zap921, Cal Haines liked this post
    Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have recently acquired a churchill redman c12 lathe. But its identical to the monarch c12 machine. I am not sure if it's a monarch. 20191010_164217.jpg