What's new
What's new

Monarch parts ID help

Rex TX

Titanium
Hey guys
I have this box of parts marked "Monarch Parts"

I do not know what they fit. I'm hoping you guys will recognize these.
The brass worm wheel is marked "Part No. C-2473"

Any help much appreciated

IMG_2331.jpgIMG_2330.jpg

*"C" is the series, like CK, CY, CW - 12" thru basically 16" catalog swings - though I have no knowledge of ANY of those using a worm and worm wheel - anywhere

*(I say this because I own a spindle drawing for a M series - the drawing number being M-1683)

I did email Monarch. Actually, there was a bunch of packing paper in the bottom of the box. One of the pieces turned out to be the original packing slip for 1969. I don't know how I missed that earlier. It lists the half nuts and worm gears twice, one for "41838 Series 61" and again for "40254 Series 60"

Johnoder, is that the same as the 12"-16" models you suggested?

Maybe older C did - this C from mid thirties had double bevel gear set up - no worm and worm wheel

Attachments

• Monarch C Apron Works.jpg
    Monarch C Apron Works.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 91
No, considerably later. The "C" went away late forties / early fifties - but then by 1969 the whole scheme of part / drawing numbers could have changed by then - rendering my comments referring to "C" possibly non applicable

I did email Monarch. Actually, there was a bunch of packing paper in the bottom of the box. One of the pieces turned out to be the original packing slip for 1969. I don't know how I missed that earlier. It lists the half nuts and worm gears twice, one for "41838 Series 61" and again for "40254 Series 60"

Johnoder, is that the same as the 12"-16" models you suggested?

I didn't take many pictures of the tailstock when it was apart so I can't say for sure. Are you selling these items or are they already gone? Id be interested in some of this stuff.

I have friends with Monarchs so my intention was to see if they needed these. I checked around last weekend and no one I know has a 60/61 series. They aren't interested, so I will probably sell them. I have a few other pieces not shown above - a seal kit and a part that drives the worm.
Feel free to make an offer if interested.

Back