Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by nt1953 View Post
    Michael
    I am doing some similar work on my gearbox and would like to know what you did to fix the counter bored holes that broke out on the bottom cover.
    I was getting ready for anything from making a new plate, to plugging/welding and re-drilling the holes. But then I realized that the existing counter bore diameters were still significantly smaller than the width of the block (a.k.a. Cam Plate (K21, p.22)) held by those screws. So I re-drilled the holes to the counter bore diameter, made new larger counter bores and used pan head bolts with wide heads. Liquid gasket applied between the block and the cover provided excellent seal (I even added more underneath the bolt heads which wasn't really necessary).

The liquid gasket I used was Permatex 82180 Ultra Black Maximum Oil Resistance Gasket Maker.
    Last edited by MichaelP; 10-09-2019 at 02:50 AM.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am going to try using hex drive flat head screws and counter sinking the cover to fit. My block is fitted with c-bores for o-rings, so leaking is not likely but I may put some silicone on the surfaces anyway.

I am doing a little more than you did, so I will add a few posts to this thread for those that follow.

This thread has been very helpful to me, so thank you for it.

3. Likes MichaelP liked this post