What's new
What's new

Monarch Series 60/61 13" (15-1/2") X 30" Parting Out

TheOldCar

Stainless
I'm finally ready to part with the parts! I plan on listing parts on eBay as I find time to remove them, but would like to make them available here first.

I will get pictures eventually, too.

I know Andy asked about a tailstock...it is available.

The apron is 99% complete, just stole a bronze bushing from it and 2 oil lines. In good shape, too. I may just sell individual pieces since it is so heavy. It was still pumping oil to all of the ways.

I'm keeping the carriage, complete spindle assembly and the leadscrew reverse parts in the gearbox.

I also have little time to disassemble right now, but will do my best if someone needs a part.

Lead screw and feed rods are removed and look nice, just dirty, plus end bracket is ready also.

Taper attachment is mostly complete.

I am interested in finding a back gear assembly for my 10EE (1945 early square dial) that is in great shape, and would trade for it.

Here it is before taking a few pieces off.

27984902371_548bf85cac_z.jpg
[/url]IMG_3962 by crh2765, on Flickr[/IMG]

Do you happen to have the manual for that lathe? I actually have the same model and I have no manual for maintenance. I know it's available to buy online but I thought maybe you'd be interested in getting one off your hands if your selling those parts.

I have only one manual which I'm keeping for my other Series 60. Thanks for asking, though!

UPDATE: I want to keep the taper attachment until I'm done refurbishing my other one. Also, there are lots of nice parts still available. I hate to scrap all of the cast aluminum outer panels and doors, also!

Model 61 parts

Do you still have parts available? We are looking for gears in the threading gearbox, or the whole unit if the price is right.

I'm finally ready to part with the parts! I plan on listing parts on eBay as I find time to remove them, but would like to make them available here first.

I will get pictures eventually, too.

I know Andy asked about a tailstock...it is available.

The apron is 99% complete, just stole a bronze bushing from it and 2 oil lines. In good shape, too. I may just sell individual pieces since it is so heavy. It was still pumping oil to all of the ways.

I'm keeping the carriage, complete spindle assembly and the leadscrew reverse parts in the gearbox.

I also have little time to disassemble right now, but will do my best if someone needs a part.

Lead screw and feed rods are removed and look nice, just dirty, plus end bracket is ready also.

Taper attachment is mostly complete.

I am interested in finding a back gear assembly for my 10EE (1945 early square dial) that is in great shape, and would trade for it.

Here it is before taking a few pieces off.

27984902371_548bf85cac_z.jpg
[/url]IMG_3962 by crh2765, on Flickr[/IMG]

Crap, I don't think I have any of the gearbox innards left... BUT, if you can post pictures of the gears I can at least look in my boxes.

I am looking for a taper attachment clamp and rod plus the cast part that attaches the rod to the taper attachment. Mine is missing on my CY. I don't know if it will fit but willing to modify.

Do you have any interest in selling parts from the taper attachment?

thanks
William

The cast part on mine was broken, and I used the parts one. I had to make my clamp. I do have one spare rod that has a small part of the casting still pinned to it. The rest of the spare taper attachment is complete if you need anything from it.

The cast part on mine was broken, and I used the parts one. I had to make my clamp. I do have one spare rod that has a small part of the casting still pinned to it. The rest of the spare taper attachment is complete if you need anything from it.

Unfortunately that is exactly what is wrong with mine. Thanks for responding so quickly...

Are you wanting to keep the tailstock complete? If not, I might be interested in the cam lever bed clamping assembly to convert my older 4 bolt style to quick clamping.

Back