What's new
What's new

Monarch Spindle speed plate

Markolise

Plastic
I'm looking to get the brass plates on my lathe redone (new plates freshly laser engraved), I've been working on the digital files for about an hour or so and was wondering if some of you could help me out.
The plates on mine have seen better days, right below the Monarch brand there is a box, with a quote mark to the right of it. I don't know what's supposed to go in this box.
plate.jpg

I've not been able to find a picture of this plate anywhere. Anyone have a mid 20's to 30's Monarch with helical gears that can take a picture of this plate for me?

You can get perfect reproductions done, though they aren't cheap. Von Industrial has done a bunch of Monarch tags for Keith Rucker (Vintage Machinery) and others. Not sure about posting links like this, but if you google it, it comes up as the first result.

I would believe the swing of lathe. 13", 16" etc.

Oh is that it? Was it stamped in there after the fact?
I was definitely over thinking it.

You can get perfect reproductions done, though they aren't cheap. Von Industrial has done a bunch of Monarch tags for Keith Rucker (Vintage Machinery) and others. Not sure about posting links like this, but if you google it, it comes up as the first result.

I'm doing to the reproductions digitally myself, and I have a cousin that has a laser engraver (90 watt) that will do the actual engravings

Back