What's new
What's new

Monarch Thread Operation Placard

Flightmap

Plastic
Is there any interest from others in obtaining the thread operations placard that MONARCH made (probably for later square dial models)describing the operational order for changing from turning to threading (and then back again)? It was placed on the head stock below the carriage stop bar.

Monarch will provide one (for$$$) but if there was enough interest, perhaps the price would lower. Failing that, would someone with a 3D printer be interested in producing at least one?

Saw one on eBay. My fingers were too slow, gone before I could even read the post! I contacted Terrie at Monarch and she sent me the quote for the placard.

Another option is photo engraving, which how the original plates were probably done. The process results in raised letters, etc. Ten years ago Steve Marquess and I had a Tucson shop photo etch a new plate for Steve's round dial. Here's the result:
292580d1593125487-some-bling-old-girl-new-round-dial-plate-ee23233-dialplate5-new-round-dial-plate-crop.jpg

Here's a link to the thread about the plate, with contact information for the engraving shop (unknown if the shop is still in business):
Cal

I will look more for a pic. Don’t know if Monarch would provide, but it’s worth a chance. It is about the size of a metric thread placard (5X7”).

Pilot.

Since I use a manual machine I thought I’d go with manual pilotage in my hobby environment. Think manual operations vs. CNC or deadreckoning vs. GPS. In writing this I realized that “old school” used words as descriptors instead of acronyms; interesting.

Pilot.

Since I use a manual machine I thought I’d go with manual pilotage in my hobby environment. Think manual operations vs. CNC or deadreckoning vs. GPS. In writing this I realized that “old school” used words as descriptors instead of acronyms; interesting.

Interesting. Pilot here too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I surrendered my 1st Class FAA Medical in January of 2012. In order to take care of a cancer. The cancer is gone but the process put too much strain on my systems. I cannot hold a medical anymore.. I was 59, had potentially 5 more years to fly.

I do miss the money, but don't miss the commuting and number of people I had to deal with.
I flew the A320 for a major carrier.

DualValve

Helicopter pilot and now pilot for Southwest (no risk of furlough) I can say that with the current Rona situation, now is a good time to be retired. I am not quite old enough to take the early retirement.

On the original topic: I never realized that the bottom of that label had all that text. Just checked and my '56 has it as shown.

On the current thread: never was a pilot. Did passenger for a few million miles over the years, most before the airlines tracked all that. But even with that was gold status on American and Delta at the same time for several years. Now I'm glad that I'm (mostly) retired and no longer flying anywhere when I have a choice.

Pilot here as well, 1954 Bonanza, and my 10EE (1942) does have the placard, in brass. Briefly thought about brightening it up but decided to leave well enough alone. These are very handsome machines. Mine draws comments from even non-machinists! Just curious, Flightmap, but how much did Terrie quote?

Back