What's new
What's new

More Monarch Bulletins: Anti-Friction Taper Attachment & Multiple Carriage Stop

TheOldCar

Stainless
I assume these are 1935-36 bulletins by the info on the bottom left side of each respective page.

Taper attachment announcement:

49411458117_4a423f5ebc_b.jpg
[/url]IMG_9939 by crh2765, on Flickr[/IMG]

49411444452_21af4b187b_b.jpg
[/url]fullsizeoutput_400 by crh2765, on Flickr[/IMG]

And the multiple positive carriage stops:

49411457972_1bbd7cf63f_b.jpg
[/url]IMG_9941 by crh2765, on Flickr[/IMG]

Thank you: This Old Car. This is yet another wonderfully preserved historical brochure!

You must have the 'Mother Lode' of Monarch brochures !

Do you also have an extensive collection of owner/operator manuals ?

DualValve

Thank you very much for posting. I can testify to the "friction less" function of the taper attachment. I just rebuilt mine with 20 new bearings. The only friction issue I had was with the felt wipers... The monarch taper attachment is unmatched in my opinion. Unfortunately the weight plays hell on saddle wear in the back.

Thanks again.

It was just a lucky eBay purchase, lots more included than the pictures showed.
Only manuals included were two identical parts manuals for the Series 60/61.

A great Ebay find !!
Thank you so much for sharing it with us.. I've really enjoyed all the postings you have made..

DualValve

OK, that’s the same brochure I have for the model 70. If it had been different I would have posted it. Did your brochures come in a Monarch salesman’s folder, like this one?

B626C1E6-D340-4601-89C2-F2D0DB5B1FA1.jpg

It was also an Ebay purchase, back around 2005. All the brochures inside are dated 1948 or older, and I can imagine a Monarch salesman taking it in to give a presentation, or maybe they gave these to big companies like GE. Many of the lathe brochures are for older models that I have never seen, like the Keller and Shapemaster, plus all kinds of 10EE derivatives (speedi-matic, mona-matic, uni-matic, 10" turret lathe, 10" toolroom lathe, 10" mfg lathe, 10" mfg lathe with turret ), the M, N, NN, NN with faceplate-drive headstock, special cost-cutting lathes (like the WWII lathe with a 40' bed for machining periscope tubes), plus all the model 60's, the 70, model KK, the mold-maker's toolroom lathe, automatic sizing lathes. The accessory brochures are for micrometer carriage stops, tool cabinets, oval chucks, tool posts, feed stops, tailstocks and centers, anti-friction-bearing taper attachment, tool rests, universal relieving attachment, sub-headstock, power rapid-traverse, cross-feeding bed-type turret, oil pan and coolant pump, automatic driver, steady rests, chucks, turrets, multiple-indexing face plate, air tracer type B. I think model C lathes were on the way out at that point, because the only C brochure is the "Features of Model C Lathes" brochure, which is 28 pages. There were no product brochures for model C lathes except the one that was named Mold-Makers toolroom lathe.

It's mind-boggling to think of the amount of engineering done at Monarch, as well as the amount of work to support sales, printing all these brochures, etc. Even though the brochures are almost all from 1946-1948, I could not find a single photo of a round-dial 10ee in any of them, all were replaced with square dial machine photos.

Back