What's new
What's new

Mounting DRO Scales on 10EE?

Glenn Peterson

Plastic
I'm interested in hearing of anyone's experiences mounting DRO scales on a 10EE. I have several excess scales from another project and would like to hear from anyone who has tried to put a DRO on an EE.

I scanned the archive but it's possible I missed a discussion on this topic. If so, just point me at the discussion.

Thanks,
Glenn

Glenn, I mounted an Acu-Rite set on my mill, and looking at my 10EE it looks like there's room on the backside (under everything). The cross slide is a bit harder - I've got a dovetail cross slide so stuff mounts on the right side of the cross slide, and that's the place you'd normally want to mount the scales. I'll have to mount on the headstock side and hope that it's not hit too bad by swaft. That problem may argue for a Newall for the relative impunity to crud, but I've always liked the accuracy and lack of temperature sensitivity of the glass scale.

I bought a set that was on a Bridgeport (Accurite) that I plan on mounting on my 10ee. I was thinking of putting the crosslide scale down under the bed and extend a rigid arm down from the crosslide. Looks like plenty of room. Any thoughts on this? Jeff

Back