What's new

Need parts for 10EE

bob

Titanium
I need top half cover feedstock end.
Less urgent but also handwheel for collet closer
,safety cover for chuck,both handles on tailstock
Monarch can supply but I could buy a decent
Running lathe for what they are quoting.
Bob

Attachments

• IMG_20200804_1147571.jpg
    IMG_20200804_1147571.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 137
You handy with fiberglass?? Once done and painted, it'll still be a good cover and only a keen eye may catch it.

Do you have the broken pieces? If so, should not be too hard to weld them back, just find a good welder. Also, there was a great round dial parts lathe on ebay a couple of weeks ago, complete with the covers. It did not selll, probably still there.

This lathe deserves a proper fix not some hack job. Also dont need a lecture on Monarchs business model. Do you think $450 for a 7" aluminum hand wheel is realistic? No wonder they are a shadow of what they once were.
Bob

Bob

Did did you talk to Scott at Monarch, and ask him if they had any used stuff ?

How is your machine powered ?

Hal

Monarch has a photo of their art deco building on some sales literature. It has a statement above the door.
[ No Obsolescence Tolerated Here ] What happen. Foreigners flooding the market. Government bailout GM but the machine maker that helped win ww2.
Its a loss.
Bob
Pride in your machinery says a lot. Ill watch for one online. I was moving some machinery where my new to me 10 EE sits today. I removed the covers after seeing your cover. Those castings are brittle or that was hit hard. Or strapped wrong?. I seen your careless trucking thread. You bought a whole machine.

Ya, My lower cover got snapped in two places during a move. Don't waste time welding the casting. braze it. Don

Ya, My lower cover got snapped in two places during a move. Don't waste time welding the casting. braze it. Don

As many 10EE lathes that have them missing it seems there may be an opening for aftermarket cast out of aluminum. No need for a large inventory or investment. Cast one when ordered.
The late model may be harder to find. Fewer getting parted out.

Back