What's new
What's new

New 10ee owner with a collet closer question

Wilde Racing

Plastic
Hi all I just purchased a 1962 10ee that is a bit worn out but I think I got a decent deal on it. I paid 2k for it but it only came with the collet closer. Everything seems to be intact and working just a lot of bed wear and a lot of backlash. The issue with the collet closer is it doesn't cam over. I'm not sure if I'm missing something or if everything is just worn out. Please give me your thoughts on the price and if you have any insite on this type of collet closer system.

Last edited:
There is a lot that thread. Although I have studied his collet closer section. After playing around with it, I think I found the issue. I believe I am missing a piece between the collar closer cams and the head stock shaft. I found an old bearing race that was roughly the right diameter and just threw it in there to try it and the collet closer worked as it should.

This machine may have been rebuilt sometime later, the taillstock is much later then 62. The tailstock is the heavy casting, larger quill with inch/metric reading dial, perhaps the other dials are dual reading also.

Maybe this helps identify any missing parts?

10EE_collet_closer_outboard.jpg

Back