What's new
What's new

New 5C to D1-3 nosepiece for a 10EE

rcn11thacr

Aluminum
Does anyone make recreations of the 5C to D1-3 nosepiece for the 10EE? Every time i go looking for speed chuck, the currently available options are worn out looking or seem questionable at best. I don't mind good money for a good tool (although a deal is always preferred). I just don't want to take a chance on one that has buyer beware written all over it. As for the current import chucks, no thanks. Any input or knowledge of where i can get a good nose piece or speed chuck would be appreciated.

The nose piece can be easily fabricated on the machine itself in a variety of ways, the one on this machine is adjustable for radial run-out. The part that actually holds the collet is made from a heat treated 5c CNC Collet Holder available from MSC. The collet holder modified on the machine.

BlWgp7L.jpg

The tool room lathes, do a good job making tools.
wnwOlHQ.jpg

She's a beaut, Clark. I would love to make my own; are there drawings you would be willing to share? Happy to chip in a few bucks to recompense for the expertise.

I went through this some time ago, but for a step collet chuck mount with an integral 5C:
Step collet chuck

Only downside is that it's just cast iron and not hard. You'd want to be careful and clean the nose and collet before use as well as during high use.

Back