What's new
What's new

New Rivett on Keith Rucker's Youtube Channel

John S01

Aluminum
YouTube

He gives a good tour of the lathe and accessories. He also has a 10ee in the back of his shop that he has planned to restore for some months, but hasn't started yet. There is also a big series on restoring a Monarch Model K.

While I enjoy Keith's channel and he generally knows how to treat equipment, I am not sure I would have pressure washed a rivett 1020 to clean it up. Sweet machine though.

He gives a good tour of the lathe and accessories. He also has a 10ee in the back of his shop that he has planned to restore for some months, but hasn't started yet. There is also a big series on restoring a Monarch Model K.

I was hoping the Monarch 10ee would Keith’s next lathe restoration. Listening to his description of the virtues of the Rivett, especially the reeves drive, I’m unsure if he will even keep the 10ee, let alone restore it.

Ryan

Someone in Idaho bought a Rivett that was for sale in Seattle. Think the seller was on here.
Maybe it is the same one. Too bad the youtube guys are too good to hang out here.

If the Seattle one you're referring to is the same one from last year on PM that I was considering as a re-build project, it's not the one Keith bought. The Seattle one I recall was a 1030F and also D1-3. Keith's is L0 and a 1020S. And Keith's looks to be (from what I can see from video) in better shape.

L7

I also miss Brett by Portland's posts. IIRC, he also had several late model Holbrooks come thru his shop. Major drool for me- Holbrook's are about the only brand that makes DS&G look underbuilt...

Lucky7

Cal, just did a search, it was Ed from Renton (sort of Seattle?) that I was thinking of who was selling his Rivett in 2017. And yes, he did sell his 1030F to someone in Idaho.

L7

Cal, just did a search, it was Ed from Renton (sort of Seattle?) that I was thinking of who was selling his Rivett in 2017. And yes, he did sell his 1030F to someone in Idaho.

L7

Dang. I thought after it left Renton it would never be available again.

L7

I don't know all the details, but the person in Idaho did not end up buying Ed's Rivett.

Last edited:
That lathe has been on ebay for quite some time. It makes me wonder if there's something wrong with it or it's a bit clapped out but who knows, it might be a gem? It seems overpriced to me, but since it's been on ebay for over a year, they would likely be willing to negotiate.

And that color scheme burns my eyes.

That isn't lichen, it's snot. I mean, it's not such an awful price. If I had the space, I would have bid on it. You can always lick that stuff off the collet.

I watched Keith's video on the Rivett last night and it left me wondering about the size of that machine. Is it 10" swing over the bed, or over the cross slide? Or is Keith a really short guy that made that machine look larger? Nice machine, never seen that model before.

What do you mean too good to hang out here?
Brian

I think he means you've almost uploaded more videos to YouTube than you have individual posts on this forum. :leaving:

Adam Booth used to post here. Haven't seen him for years.

Tom Lipton used to stop by once in a while. Haven't seen him for years.

Robin Rinzetti (spelling?) used to post here. Haven't seen him post in at least a year.

What's his name Kilroy used to post here sometimes. Haven't seen him in a long time.

I'm sure there are more.

Back