What's new
What's new

Newguy here; anybody seen this lathe?

TravisMartin

Aluminum
Hope this is a permitted question...every forum I visit has slightly different rules.

There's a Monarch on eBay, 320249783929, from HGR in Ohio; I've seen mention of people looking at their inventory and wondered if anyone has looked at this one. It looks from the little I can see like something I could use. I've lusted for a 10EE forever, and still hope to get one someday, but meanwhile that looks like a lot of machine for the money if it isn't wallered out too bad (colloquialism...I'm in West Texas...)

I'd sure like to hear a first hand report of it if anyone can tell the story. I'd gladly reciprocate if there's one around here, though I confess I'm a neophyte...

Thanks,

Travis

I have one - albeit it is a '44. I got mine from Stanford Uni but it did a stint at Elgin AFB prior. It still runs strong and can hold whatever tolerance I've ever needed. Half thou better if you said your Rosary that day.

However it is no 10EE. Top speed on mine is 770 or so. No 5C collett adaptor readily available....

Good utility machine for sure.

I wasn't sure if posting links was legal...thanks.

What's the model? I've looked at the 16CW's; is that what this is? Looks good in the pictures...

Travis

Its a 12" CK and it is wallered out

I have looked that one over a few times and have seen better for sure.

Another note is that in 1940 they still had the one piece shift levers that were prone to coming out of gear occasionally which is why the design was changed shortly after to the two piece that snapped over a pin.

Good luck in your search, Doug

Hate to hear it; looks good in the pictures. There's a '40's 10EE not terribly far from me that I'm going to go look at soon; maybe it will pan out. Thanks for the info.

Travis

Back