What's new
What's new

Parts 10EE for sale in Wisconsin

Nemesis

Aluminum
I have no affiliation with the seller or the ad, but stumbled on this while searching. There is a part 10EE for sale on Facebook Marketplace in Paoli, WI. I will attach the link as well as the ad and pictures for posterity.

Facebook

Ad:

Monarch 10EE for parts located In paoli wi can load see photos read description $300

Ok this lathe was rolled over years ago. Some parts were scavenged for other machine. No electronics in it.. but does have a 5hp 3 phase motor. Lost my shop space as I was going to part it out. So I just want it gone as I don't feel like moving it.

10EE - 01 - 01.jpg

10EE - 01 - 02.jpg

10EE - 01 - 03.jpg

10EE - 01 - 04.jpg

10EE - 01 - 05.jpg

There are still a lot of good parts on that machine, definitely worth $300, especially for an early 70's machine. Too bad its not closer. The taper attachment, collet closer, 2spd gearbox, accumulator cross feed dial and apron would all sell individually for the asking price for the entire lathe.

It is interesting to me that the saddle ways for the cross slide have a zig zag oil groove. I would normally expect the oil groove to be on the sliding part (cross slide) not on the stationary part. I don't think I have ever seen the arrangement shown.

Its not too far straight north of me but my project load it maxed out. It would be easy too make some money parting it out BUT knowing my outlook on old machinery I would be trying to save it :rolleyes5:
I hope it doesn't get scrapped
Lathes roll over easy and it happens quick. Watched a few videos.
It would be a bad day.

I havn't had a road trip in a while and sure do miss that.
The font change was caused by an unruly mouse and a sleepy old man. Dozing off

I know someone semi local to me with a 90's era 10EE that has a bad saddle and spindle. Don't know their travel plans but they could probably make a good machine between them.

I would definitely be interested to buy the 2 speed gear box from anyone who grabs this machine. I would buy the entire machine but it is just too far away. PM me if you buy it and want to sell the gear box.

It was close by so I grabbed the 10ee and brought it home. I know superbowl is interested in the gearbox but before I separate that someone has installed a steel plate with a 5hp 3 phase motor connected to the stock gearbox by a lovejoy coupling. Not a bad start to a VFD driven 10ee. Would anyone be interested in the gearbox motor combination? Anyone interested in the base casting which actually looks pretty clean? How about the bed? Any interest there?
PM me or post here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This cross feed dial has the extra “accumulator” ring which I don’t have on my machine so I’m going to keep that. Possibly the only item I keep. Sorry about that. The other people I’ll get back to tomorrow.

Pm sent.

I'd be interested in the front side door on base, I circled in pic. I cant tell if the base cover at tail stock end is there, and front side of headstock end:

131.jpg

If still available, I could use the taper attachment interior pieces:

132.jpg

I’m now thinking the cross feed dial is the standard one, not accumulating. There are no planetary gears and the extra dial is 1/4” larger diameter. Maybe from a different lathe.
76be5fdfeac16d59fa6933569ea20e43.jpg

Yes the top cover is here. Give me a couple days on that. PM me where it’s going. I’ll think about a price it won’t be expensive.

The spindle is here. I’d like to sell the headstock and the spindle as a unit.

On one lathe there were Z oil ways on both the stationary saddle ways of the cross slide and the sliding part of the cross slide.

Hal

Woot ! Many many thanks to adh2000. I feel like Johnny Cash, "One piece at a time. . ." :D

I was missing the 3 doors around the base, and from this I was able to get the two front doors, and most important to me was the larger door. Plus the power cut off switch, which slipped my mind, but he mentioned I might need. A huge upgrade for me over the sheet metal plates that were there:

133.jpg 134.jpg

Another huge bonus was getting most of the taper attachment pieces I was missing. During the roll over some got damaged. But as luck would have it, I already had the pieces that were damaged, so I can damn near build the T/A with the grand total of what I have. The pieces I got from adh2000:

135.jpg

What I already had:

136.jpg

That worked out about as perfect as I could have ever hoped. Now I just need the micrometer dial portion and a bed clamp. Thinking I can make the bed clamp.

Back