What's new
What's new

Pimpin' alittle T/A

daryl bane

Titanium
Here are some pics of the just completed T/A. All wear surfaces were ground and/or scraped back to useability. New bearings, wipers, and a bunch of parts that I had to make cause the originals were shot.
156-5630_IMG.jpg

156-5631_IMG.jpg

156-5628_IMG.jpg

156-5627_IMG.jpg

156-5626_IMG.jpg

Very nicely done, Daryl.

Re the magnifier over the setting scale...
Is that original or did you have to buy one? If the latter, whence?

Thanks.

- Leigh

Thanks for the compliments. Thats the original magnifier. It was all scratched up and I buffed it out with a loose soft buff and plastic buffing compound, same as the oil sight glasses. Came out great. I had to go back and re-engrave the line, as it was almost gone from the buffing. It was missing the plastic cover lens that goes over the magnifier, just a round piece of plexi, and I got a new one from Monarch. I don't think it was very expensive.

Whoa! Magnificent, dazzling, superb come to mind. :drool5:

Daryl, your bar is almost impossibly high. Great work and a pleasure to see.

I'm suddenly happy I don't have a TA, if I did it would die of embarrassment.

Garsh , gee thanks dave:cloud9: All the pics in the Monarch brochures I have seen, the edges are up like mine. Miller machine makes a set of replacement covers that can be mounted either way. With the edges up, I can see it might be a convenient place to set spur of the moment tools, stuff.

Daryl, I thought your work was superb before, but this is even better... Its like the frosting on the cake.

With the edges up, they do collect turnings.

-Dave

Aplause !! very very nice.
I was just wondering the black tightening lever on the rod clamp, is it original ?

No, I had a extra adjustable lever from a leftover project and it was the right thread size. Just one more thing not to have to put a wrench on. A nice s/s tapered dumbell one would be a nice project.:crazy:

What is the wiper material you are using? Are they from Monarch? This thing is too pretty, I suggest it should go to an art gallery or a museum.

The wipers came from Monarch(about 5 yrs ago), they are a felt neoprene sandwich. Tim in D just got some and they were all felt.

Gettin' close. I have to make a new tailstock quill and restoring the micro-gaging dial for the crosslide and thats it. A party is planned. Rim, you have a PM

The wipers came from Monarch(about 5 yrs ago), they are a felt neoprene sandwich. Tim in D just got some and they were all felt.

I ordered wipers from Monarch for my round dial and almost none of them fit. :eek:

I wound up making most of my wipers from F1 felt. I bought several different thicknesses from McMaster-Carr and cut the wipers out with an X-Acto knife.

Cal

Back