What's new
What's new

Powering up Monarch 10ee

FortyFive

Plastic
I recently purchased a 1942 motor/generator 10ee. I was not able to see it under power. I am working towards powering it up and looking for educated advice on doing so while avoiding damage to the lathe, my rotary phase converter, or other equipment. I have a 5hp rotary converter that powers 3 other machines. My plan is to have one of the other machines idling for extra power to test the lathe. If everything works I could upgrade to a larger rotary if necessary. One puzzling detail- The tag on the DC panel says 380V 3 phase 50 cycles. However, upon further investigation, the serial # on that tag is one # off from the machine's serial #. Also the serial # of the VS unit listed on that tag is one number off from the actual serial # on the VS unit itself. The VS unit tag says 220V 3phase 60 cycles. Did it get the wrong DC cover tag (possibly from new)? Currently wired for 440V. Just rewire back to 220V and give it a shot or are there other things I should check or precautions I should take before putting power to it? Thank you.

Back