Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by *D'B=6bk View Post
    I wouldn't know about that. I never dabbled in the small stuff. I generally stuck to 250-500HP 460 or 2,500V direct drive Frick or FES screw compressors pushing anhydrous ammonia.
    Yeah.. we even drooled when over at Bien Hoa AFB begging cryotainers of LOX where they had a sweet DELON-500-M 5 ton per day all clean and proper-like fixed-plant. Our life was WABTOC'ed canvas tents in a Michelin plantation, airmobile Ox & Acetylene trailers on 'creted pads, laterite work yard.

Costeau's L Aire Liquid had a neatly arranged three-tonner, Cholon area of Saigon, and - so we heard - its twin in Hanoi. Wasn't much need, entire country, before the war, so we cut contracts and took up a ton or so per day of the "southern" one. Saved flying 153 Avoir of non-shat steel for 7 or 8 Avoir of O2 Tracy, CA to RVN by C-130.

Herky bird loadmasters can prolly walk on water from the underside of it, tying-down clouds in a force 9 gale whilst wearing eskimo snowshoes if the need arises.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Kentucky
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default My CY.

This is my first Lathe as well. I am inn a complete rebuild mainly for giggles. It is an awesome lathe but heed the safety concerns as I will. Don't hesitate to ask questions here. This forum has been invaluable for me in my journey.

monarch-7.jpg

90355148.jpg

monarch-interior-1.jpg

3. Likes *D'B=6bk, TheOldCar liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by M.B. Naegle View Post
    I've run into those types before. IMO they are so eager to have a conversation that they just hope you don't know that they don't know what they are talking about. I drive a classic car on a daily basis and get to hear a lot of cheerful BS from people that don't really "know" anything. Kinda like the guys that say:
    "What year is that, a 69'?"
    "Nope, 1953."
    "Oh I drove one JUST LIKE IT in high-school."
    ....(you sure?)...
    TWICE, now, in less than two months, I have had YOUNG 20-something salesmen try to tell me I can have a FREE roofing job off the back of my inch-hoorance covering storm damage.

Talk about DENSE?

I say, noooo.. it won't cover that. I cancelled roofing coverage several years ago when the insurer said they could NOT economically cover it due to age and deteriorating condition.

The original roofing - El Cheapo asphaltic shingle - dates from 1972. The mid-cheapo FG-reinforced asphaltic shingle applied as a "re-roof" over top of it is now also over 32 years old as well off a 20-year optimistic life. I've been lucky, but it no longer owes me a dime, nor has it for easily ten years, already.

"Who is your insurer?"

"USAA"

"Oh but USAA WILL cover it!" he charges on...

"F**ks, sake, kid... we are members and owners, not just customers, and for 53 years already. How TF do you figure you know more about my policy or company when you ain't even half as old as I've been a member?"

And off he went. Old Fart HAD to be dead-wrong, yah? Eager-beaverless was still "knowing what he had been TOLD to know". Whether hard-vacuum or hard granite between his young ears, another vote for a Democrat's Bull Schiff the only certainty to him.

Last edited by thermite; 10-08-2019 at 01:42 PM.

5. Likes M.B. Naegle liked this post