What's new
What's new

Pulley

desti

Plastic
I want to put square dial pulley on round diad 10EE. The sizes (metric) are necessary. Who can help?

ee_pulley.jpg

You will find that the Vee pulley is different from the SD to the RD model. You would need to replace or modify the RD pulley to fit the flat belt sheave to the spindle.

I can't access the end cover of my EE right now to measure the sheave.

I can replace (make new) or modify RD pulley, no problem.

There's no hurry, I will wait.

Your arrow points to the crowned flat belt sheave for the feed drive. Which was not used on round dial. The round dial drives the feed directly from the spindle. What are you trying to achieve?

I want use it on RD, why not? But real reason - wear (concavity and corrosion) of that part of a spindle.

OK, but if you install such a pulley, it will change the ratio between the spindle and the feed pulley. When Monarch did the same, they increased the diameter of the feed pulley so that the feeds would not change.

Monarch also modified the spindle. They added threads at the end for a castellated nut and lock washer with tabs so that the pulley can be tightened against the motor pulley & spacer. There is no setscrew in that pulley.

Back