What's new
What's new

Rivett 1020s Reeves Drive Belts

TanglewoodTool

Plastic
I recently purchased a 1020s. The Worthington model c allspeed drive was taken apart when I got it. I've now got it back together but the belts that came with it are clearly incorrect. It takes 2 vee belts that appear to be about 1 inch in width and I'm hoping someone might be able to tell me the correct model of belt used as I'd rather not have to play the guessing game. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Alex

I recently purchased a 1020s. The Worthington model c allspeed drive was taken apart when I got it. I've now got it back together but the belts that came with it are clearly incorrect. It takes 2 vee belts that appear to be about 1 inch in width and I'm hoping someone might be able to tell me the correct model of belt used as I'd rather not have to play the guessing game. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Alex

Any markings on the belts at all?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks
Alex

And a picture of your drive would be a big help.

1922 v363. They're Goodyears and appear brand new. Could be the right width but most definitely too short. From the looks of it the previous owner couldn't get them on either.

Picture definitely helps. If it looks like the same drive as mine I can look and see if my belts have any markings that may help you. From some other post somewhere I believe that my drive is a US Motors Varispeed drive. I’ve seen at least two different configurations for the variable speed drive.

Does it look like this with the two pulleys and single belt or is it 4 pulleys and 2 belts?

a6682095ccd7e2811abbd182e674cbc8.jpg

Unfortunately even if it does look like mine I can’t find any part number or other markings on the belt. I can however wrap a string around it and take a measurement of the length as well as measure the width and thickness.

Sorry, it’s late. I see from your original post you mention 2 belts, plural. And from Google searches I’m guessing you have the 2 belts, 4 pulley arrangement.

Yes it's the 4 pulley setup. I'm unfortunately having trouble uploading a picture from my phone, I'll try using my computer later. Thank you for your quick responses

Yes it's the 4 pulley setup. I'm unfortunately having trouble uploading a picture from my phone, I'll try using my computer later. Thank you for your quick responses

Unfortunately I can’t offer much help as mine is different. Try Tapatalk. I find it much easier to use for uploading pictures.

Alright so I ended up calling upon my high school geometry skills and calculated a rough belt length. I did a search and purchased the closest one I could find, which was 1922V381 GATES OEM Equivalent Variable Speed Belt. I have now had those belts on the machine for 4 months without problem. So I think its safe to say they're the right ones. Thanks again for your replys

Alex

Alright so I ended up calling upon my high school geometry skills and calculated a rough belt length. I did a search and purchased the closest one I could find, which was 1922V381 GATES OEM Equivalent Variable Speed Belt. I have now had those belts on the machine for 4 months without problem. So I think its safe to say they're the right ones. Thanks again for your replys

Alex

Good to know. Thanks for the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back