What's new
What's new

Rivett 1020S For Sale - CL Ad

TravisR100

Cast Iron
I have no association with this listing. Just came across it this morning browsing through listings. It’s in the Tulsa area. This probably isn’t on the radar since nowhere in the description does he mention it as a Rivett. He simply calls it a “collet lathe with tooling.” Apparently he’s asking $4K for it. Spindle appears to be rusted.

YouTube

Fab Machines Closing Shop Shear Lathe Roundo
Fab Machines Closing Shop Shear Lathe Roundo - business/commercial - by owner - sale

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sharp eyes, Travis! I have family 45 minutes from it, and I'm tempted to ask somebody to check it out. It could be quite a prize.

Looks like it's just the spindle nose protector that's rusted.
Has the accumulator dial on the cross slide.
It's an early one with the spindle lock, upper left knob on the headstock.

I just talked with the owner and am getting him to take more pictures which I’ll post when he sends them. No steady rest. No follow rest. Has taper attachment. Won’t part out.

I was curious if it was the nose protector I was looking at but just couldn’t tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just noticed that it also has a threading stop rod, which was apparently optional. There appears to be a toggle switch, which I assume has something to do with it, down there on the tail end of it by the serial number plate/cover.

I would love to restore it, but my big shop isn't built yet.

It's actually a set screw and lock nut. There is one on either side of the casting.
They are used to adjust the micro switches that start and stop the spindle.DSCN0072.jpg

Back