What's new
What's new

Rivett 1020S - which size Multifix holder?

Not sure this will be readable
309abe6170ef27eeda2d7d9df57ced43.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If you go here: GROUP 100: QUICK CHANGE TOOL HOLDERS and download the catalogue you should be better able to read the sort of information ripperj provided.

Looking at sizes for my 10EE, for which the center height above the compound is 1.25 inches, I concluded that the largest size of these tool posts that would work was the "E". The "A" will also work for the 10EE but a short riser block will probably be useful.

So I have a hunch that you are probably right about the "E" being right for the Rivett 1020S, but to confirm, what is your center height above the compound?

I ended up getting the "A" size since most of my work is on the small size and it seemed like the smaller toolholders available for the "A" would be an advantage. I did make a short riser for this tool post.

David

Confirmed you are correct. I use an E size 40 position toolpost on my 1030F. It fits the machine well. Only downsize of E is it's a less common size so haven't seen as much used tooling. But that's fine the Chinese ones do the job no major complaints.

I turned a ~1/2" tall spacer to go below the toolpost. I don't remember if it was strictly necessary but it allowed me to match the toolpost height on two different lathes, allowing them to share toolholders.

Thanks. Just wanted to confirm before I bought anything. I’m about 1 3/8” from compound to center.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back