What's new
What's new

RIVETT 1020S Wiring Diagram

I found the wiring for my 1030F to similar to the wiring diagram for the 1020S. I think that if you find a wiring diagram from any of the 1020/1030/s/f, you will get enough info to sort out what's going on under the hood of your lathe.

We need photos though. If we want to stay on task, it would be the electronics compartment, but I just want to see photos of the entire lathe.

Problem Solved

Fellow Brothers,
I solved the wiring issue. Before I took it apart, I wrote down a schematic but unfotunally I lost the paper. Remember this is a two year plus project. The diagram above and the one I found online are different laid out than my machine. My speed control motor is a 220V but the way the feed power to it is by connecting the common wire to two legs of the main motor in series of the two winding. If I made sketch will be easier to understand. The good news is that I got it working now and nothing is smoking yet.
I am trying to post pictures but the images from my phone are huge and i dont have a way to reduce the sizes. I might have to do it on my computer. I will try to post pictures tomorrow.
Thanks Everyone.
Mantemec.

Pictures

Here are some of the pictures. The chuck is a mount is a L-O.
Taper attachment. Very old but I cant wait to use it, kind of cool.
I am looking for a steady rest.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 148
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 103
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 190
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 131
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 221
I am looking for a steady rest.

You and me both. I'm probably going to have to fabricate one. The technical drawings for the steady rest is out there. It's pretty similar to a 10EE steady. I had a 10EE steady rest at one point, but I couldn't bring myself to hack it up to make it fit the Rivett.

I, like just about everybody else who has a Rivett is looking for a steady and follower.
And I've been looking for 10 years.
Occasionally someone with one says they are going to make castings and then you never hear from them again.
Maybe before I die I'll fab one too.

Thank you for the pictures and information. Rivet used the L-0 spindle nose as standard on these. They offered both the D1-3" and the D1-4" as options, at least during the later years of production. The ANSI standard specifies either the L-0 or the D1-4" as the size to be used on this size of toolroom lathe. I've seen some Rivett literature where they point out that the Monarch 10EE with its D1-3" spindle nose does not meet this standard.

David

I, like just about everybody else who has a Rivett is looking for a steady and follower.
And I've been looking for 10 years.
Occasionally someone with one says they are going to make castings and then you never hear from them again.
Maybe before I die I'll fab one too.

To be fair it would be a bit of a gamble. I've seen projects where hordes of people are gung ho about it, then when someone actually comes up with the goods - it's the supposed buyers you never hear from again! I guess it would still make sense if the person undertaking it needed the parts anyway, so if they see it through they win regardless.

Back