What's new
What's new

Rivett 1020S- Wiring Diagrams

TravisR100

Cast Iron
I’ve been troubleshooting an issue with my lathe with regards to the main motor. I think I’ve likely narrowed it down to the motor itself but I’m unsure what the actual problem might be. I’m able to slow the spindle significantly by taking a simple .040 DOC pass.

Anyhow, in trying to decipher the wiring from the existing manual scans I’ve pulled off the Internet, I was getting frustrated. The scans are pretty hard to read. I finally vowed to really pour over them and try to make sense of them.

What became apparent pretty quickly is there are multiple variations for stop rod vs no stop rod and 110 control motor vs 220. I tried to combine everything into something more useable. Unfortunately the site won’t let me attach a PDF larger than 19K. Here are a couple of pics of the screen however. Where the old diagrams depicted coils with resistor symbols, I’ve changed them.

8b3405f6b12de1d29a40db4077be5cca.jpg
3951f5c86553dd36e2f7ccaa286ada4b.jpg

While I’m sure this is of interest to maybe 5 people on the high side, I’m happy to share if anyone wants a copy.

The only thing I’m a little iffy on are some of the control motor connections. While I’d like to be able to use my lathe as a guide it’s quite obvious it’s been rewired without much consultation of any diagram in existence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CR1 and CR2 are used solely for machines with the stop rod circuit.
CR3 and CR4 are used solely for machines with a 220V speed control motor.

In the transformer section the forward (F) and reverse (R) switches are depicted twice. Physically they are a single button with both a NO and NC contact and are actuated simultaneously.

Back