What's new
What's new

Round dial ELSR on eBay

bll230

Hot Rolled
Monarch EE | eBay

I am from Atlanta and kept my Barber Colman in the garage there because I ran out of room in my indoor shop, and it suffered no rusting. I am not sure I believe the comment about the rust being from a one time door opening event, the humidity in NC is less than Atlanta...

Monarch EE | eBay

I am from Atlanta and kept my Barber Colman in the garage there because I ran out of room in my indoor shop, and it suffered no rusting. I am not sure I believe the comment about the rust being from a one time door opening event, the humidity in NC is less than Atlanta...

I can't see the rust happening with leaving a door open one time. What will cause excessive sweating on heavy iron is a drastic temperature swing from cold to warm within hours ,with high humidity.
We get that in Missouri.
It doesn't look too bad.

I can't see the rust happening with leaving a door open one time. What will cause excessive sweating on heavy iron is a drastic temperature swing from cold to warm within hours ,with high humidity.
We get that in Missouri.
It doesn't look too bad.

Yep, get that every spring in my cement floor / metal barn. It makes the Bridgeport and Monarch look like a cold can of beer on a hot day, brings tears to your eyes. Usually keep a fan blowing on them when it happens helps dry it pretty quick. Just got some Boeshield T-9 to try on them and the table saw, etc. Good luck with the sale!

What use the 3hp motor the guy is offering? Wouldn't it be better to source a 7.5hp, instead, maybe even a 10hp? Or am I all wet about this?

I wonder if that Taper Attachment would fit on a 68 10ee? Probably not a direct bolt up but could be.

I wonder if that Taper Attachment would fit on a 68 10ee? Probably not a direct bolt up but could be.

Yes. All the parts will work except the cross slide dial assembly. Does your 68 have a fixed leadscrew or a telescoping leadscrew? A 68 without taper could have come either way. If you have the telescoping screw, you are good to go. Assuming you have the fixed leadscrew, you will need to source a few parts to convert the dial assembly to telescoping. I have done it a few times, and I generally have good luck calling Scott at Monarch and seeing if he can find a used part for me.

Back