Series 62 Jogger function
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Series 62 Jogger function

I'm trying to determine the jogger function on the series 62 lathe. The hydraulic shifting works reasonably well, but in the operations manual it clearly states that the jogger can be used to indicate a part. Well mine doesn't really rotate the spindle, just basically a bump to get the gearing to line up for a speed change. Sometimes, a quick pull on the chuck helps it along.

If anyone with first hand knowledge of the jogger on a series 62 can describe what it should be doing, I'd appreciate it. If not, I'll give Monarch a ring.

Thanks,

Dave

Woodland Hills, Ca. and some times Hutchinson, Ks.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

On my 2013 lifting the handle jogs the spindle, I don't have the manual here sounds like a linkage adjustment?

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Many thanks Steve, that's what I was trying to find out. I really don't get a rotation, so I'll do some digging.

The manual has you go through about 4 of the hydraulic valves first, so I'll start there. Then pop the headstock cover and see what's inside.

Mine's a 2516, 1969 vintage. Big girl for sure.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

On my series 90 holding the clutch lever up operates the jog function. It is a very distinct audible click and ratchet of the chuck. It does also operate when shifting to help the headstock get into the gear selected.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A brief update.

All the hydraulics checked out, which is what I thought since it was thumping. Removed the entire rear hydraulics panel to expose the jog clutch itself. Removed it, looked fine. then removed the jog clutch body and had all four roll pins and all four retaining screws sheared in the end of the input shaft. This required complete removal of the main input shaft, which required the clutch/brake assembly to be removed.

Now to remove the pins and broken screw from the end of the shaft.

We'll see if Monarch has any parts available, and get it back together.

Dave