What's new
What's new

Serpertine belt for 10EE

gt2ride

Aluminum
I needed a new belt for my feed. The Goodyear web site has a good listing. I bought a 32in belt for my 1942 10EE. It costed $15.00 at the Auto Zone store. I first tried it with the V on the pulleys but it was to tight. I turned it inside out and the fit was just right.

HPIM1163.jpg

HPIM1165.jpg

This belt is 11/16 wide. There is a wider belt #4060325 that is 1/2 longer that might work also.
Hope this will save somebody some money.

"FWIW, the real belts are only $35 from Monarch."

But do they work as well as an auto serpentine belt? Even though they are made for it my guess is that the serpentine belt will work better. Gary P. Hansen

leave it to me to do it the hard way.Jeesss :rolleyes5:

100_0172.jpg

I went and cut the sheeves for the V.

Boy, sometimes blind as hell.
jim

I guess it lead to me doing the same to the drive belt.I am happy without the click-click-click- :D
sheeves001.jpg

I need to replace the serpantine belt on mine as well. McMaster Carr (page 1032 online) has "high performance urathane" belts for 88cents/inch color is orange (you spec the size and they join the ends)

They also have nitril coated nylon at 51 cents/inch custom sized again.
this is there description;
If you need to limit static electricity discharge, then these are the belts to choose. All are made of NBR-coated nylon fabric. The fabric is coated on both sides so you can drive pulleys on the inside as well as the outside of these belts. For use with crowned or flat-belt pulleys. Color is green and black.

Seems like either of these would be good solutions

McMaster also seems to have the best price on the A series V belts.

Wow, maybe they had old stock on it when I ordered. One thing interesting about parts on hand is they dont mark them up over time until they have to reorder. That why they had NIB tachs for the round dials for something like $60.

I used a Serp belt, too...

I used a little serp belt for the feed, too... works great!

One of these days, I'll do something similar for my spindle-drive, but not 'till after I modify the automatic belt-oiling function...

Needed to replace my 1943 round dial 10ee feed belt.
Just bought Duralast / Valuecraft pn 340K5 = 34" long x 5 "K" type ribs wide, 0.700" wide.
Equivalent Dayco pn was 5050340.
It fit either way on the sheeves. I put the ribs towards the sheeves. Worked like a charm.
30 minutes and $10 at Autozone. Back to work!

The flat belt on the square dial is THIN, ribbed bets are not the same, don't know on square dial machines. This is one, that to me, is easy - at $25 or $36 buy it from Monarch. If you need one right now I'd sub the ribbed belt as you can probably get one walking into a local place, but I'd still order a real replacement from Monarch. If they want to charge me $100+ for the belt then I'll switch to ribbed, or other source of flat belt.

Monarch is still in business and very friendly to deal with, supplying info etc. I can be cheap, I'm not going to buy a taper clamp from them for $$$$ when I can make an equivalent, but buying some of this small stuff is a way I can support them, if only a little.

Paul

Back