What's new
What's new

Sources for used Monarch Parts

beckerkumm

Hot Rolled
Are there any sources that sell old Monarch parts off scrapped machines? I'm fine with buying some stuff from Monarch but any shift levers are out of sight. Dave

Are there any sources that sell old Monarch parts off scrapped machines? I'm fine with buying some stuff from Monarch but any shift levers are out of sight. Dave

Tell the PM community / Monarch forum specifically what you seek. Many of us have the odd item, spare if not always "perfect".

AFAIK only Monarch Lathe themselves are 'dealers' in used-but-GOOD parts with any regularity.

High price indicates scarce item. Or having to fab from drawings.

Bit of a long shot that we chikins are hoarding sumthin' you need - but it happens. I have 10EE spares, for example.

On-edit: Fabbing a decent replacement for any EXTERNAL shift-lever should never be a show-stopper for a metals mangler, even if done largely on a cheap-ass lathe or mill. Anvil, even.

What's on the end inside a gearbox or such isn't all that hard for a machinist, either.

Never ceases to amaze me that "we" can make the most devilish-complex of parts for a paying customer, consider it all in an ordinary day's work -- yet balk at fabbing a simple handle, shaft, bushing, gear, or such for our OWN use.

Go figure...

Bill

Your going to have to buy another lathe. There were so many different models of machine tools built over the last 100+ years that having a graveyard for used parts would never work

I've bought second parts machines before but will make or repair what I need for this one. I haven't done much rehabbing of metal working machines so don't have the network of guys that I have with woodworking. FYI a shift lever goes for between 740 and 1100 depending on who you order from. Likely the higher just gets a Monarch quote and upcharges. Stripping really bad machines is a better business than fixing and selling the whole machine. Same for old woodworking machines. Dave

I finally junked the castings of my parts lathe (Series 60). I posted info here, but interest in any parts was basically zero. I still have lots of parts.

Monarch parts needed

I need two Headstock shift handles for a 1947
Monarch 16"-1/2" swing Series 60 engine lathe
And a follow rest

Dave, I'm down by Madison and looking for the same thing. Monarch wanted like $800 for the shift handle. I may eventually cough that up but my machine isn't up and running yet. Maybe if one of us can find a parts machine in the state we can work something out, split the cost or whatever. I can transport whole machines if it comes down to that. I'd certainly rather buy a whole machine for 800 than a handle.

Jared

Before I found the parts lathe, I resorted to making a shift handle. Fit and worked great, just had the weld for all to see.

I have a complete tailstock available for a Series 60/61. It is from a 13” (15.5”) swing. In really good shape. It is heavy and would need to be palleted.

I'm looking for a tailstock for a 10EE

I'm also looking for the P3A and P3B potentiometer combo which is the main speed control for the 10EE, if anyone happens to have one lying around they would be interested in letting go.

I have a round dial TS I'm about ready to put up forsale. Seeing that you are looking for pots, I'm guessing you have a square dial however?

I'm looking for a tailstock for a 10EE

I'm also looking for the P3A and P3B potentiometer combo which is the main speed control for the 10EE, if anyone happens to have one lying around they would be interested in letting go.

I have a round dial TS I'm about ready to put up forsale. Seeing that you are looking for pots, I'm guessing you have a square dial however?
Yes, my 10EE is a square dial. I didn't realize the speed control was different between them, but I guess that makes sense. Only the lathes with the modules probably have this pot setup.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I may. You are going to have to describe it more precisely for me. Or send me some pictures of what it is you are looking for. I have been parting out a 16" catalog size series 61.

Mike

Back