What's new
What's new

10EE Compound Tee Nut replacement

Pifmacnc

Plastic
I need to remove and replace the carriage tee nuts (PN EE3200) that retain the compound rest since one of them is stripped. I don't see an obvious way to remove them and the drawing isn't particularly helpful. Does someone have any insight into how to do this so I don't disassemble more than I need to?

Manufacturing Drawing provided by Monarch
20181229_201419.jpg

Image of screws that need to be removed and replaced
20181229_200811.jpg

Nameplate of the 1953 10 EE lathe in question
20181229_200829.jpg

The t slot bolts are removed out of the bottom of the cross slide. You will have to take it off. Look at at the base and you will see a hole for them to go through.
Brian
I need to remove and replace the carriage tee nuts (PN EE3200) that retain the compound rest since one of them is stripped. I don't see an obvious way to remove them and the drawing isn't particularly helpful. Does someone have any insight into how to do this so I don't disassemble more than I need to?

Manufacturing Drawing provided by Monarch
View attachment 245615

Image of screws that need to be removed and replaced
View attachment 245616

Nameplate of the 1953 10 EE lathe in question
View attachment 245617

Thanks! That was much easier than expected. Now that my lathe is taken apart making replacement parts is more difficult. I've written to Monarch to see if they have any parts, but is there any other sources for the T-bolts I can use?

Back