What's new
What's new

Sturgis motorcycle Rally

rcn11thacr

Aluminum
Will anyone be coming to the 80th Rally this year? I live in Sturgis and was hoping to possibly host at my shop and meet some of the people on the forum If anyone was planning on coming? Nothing special. Just crack a cold one in the shop, talk a bit, Learn or share info, maybe give some directions to cool sites. That kind of thing. PM me if your interested.

That's a really cool offer, and I hope someone takes you up on it. I don't know what the rally is going to get for a turn out though. Beginning of the year I was thinking about going and I know some other people that were too, but I'm not spending the time and money to go 1200 miles for a partial show. I was at Daytona bike week this year when they started pulling the plug on it. They couldn't do much about the bars but I had tickets to the AFT and SuperBike race that didn't get refunded.

That is a nice offer, I hadn't even given it a thought. I had never made the trip as it always seemed too far but since moving to Idaho I would only have to ride across Montana and that is a nice ride, perhaps next year. I have to get the new shop winterized, organized and back to work.
Thanks for the offer.

Will anyone be coming to the 80th Rally this year? I live in Sturgis and was hoping to possibly host at my shop and meet some of the people on the forum If anyone was planning on coming? Nothing special. Just crack a cold one in the shop, talk a bit, Learn or share info, maybe give some directions to cool sites. That kind of thing. PM me if your interested.

I just went through Deadwood last Wednesday. 'Born there some time ago. Lots of bikes heading west on 90 ;-).

The current speculation ( based on reserved housing and such) is 400K will attend. This doesn’t count daily drive ins, etc. Lots of vendors are setting up currently.

I certainly don't want to derail this thread, but 400 thousand people, all hanging out together, in one place. Wowzer!:eek:

Stuart

I certainly don't want to derail this thread, but 400 thousand people, all hanging out together, in one place. Wowzer!:eek:

Stuart

Stuart,
Not to worry. They will be on their best behavior. Always alert and ever vigil. Oh, and wearing a mask and social diseasxxx distancing.

Sturgis I love that place...
I won't tll you where because it is government property buy we found some rotten quarts the looked like it is full of gold..I havent crushed it and it is still out in Janies flower garden.

Wow, no shit! You had a hand in that replica! I remember it from back in the day. And saw it at the AMA museum in Westerville back in the 80's.

Yep, did most of it in my 1 car garage. Boy did I screw up. We built that thing in '85 and my brother toured with it in 86. Must be losing it.
AMA was hdq'd there back in the day. They wanted us to bring it down for the 100th anniversary of the motorcycle for a parade, but the city wouldn't issue a permit due to the KKK destroying part of the town. SO instead, they flew all of us out to Anaheim for a week. Put us up in the Marriott right next to the Anaheim convention center. American Van Lines delivered the bike. Fun time!

Very cool! Must have been a lot of fun doing that.....there must be some video from back then floating around somewhere? If so, direct me to it! Jeff

Yes and no. We were to busy (or dumb) to video any of it. But in Anaheim there were dozens of cameramen from literally around the world videoing us and some interviews. Mostly Japanese, German, Mexico and USA TV stations. Dave Despain wanted to interview us. I'm not a talker, so my friend (pictured) did and it was perfect. Dave was a really cool guy. Here's Dave Despain a little haired up.
Dave Despain loses it - YouTube

Yes and no. We were to busy (or dumb) to video any of it. But in Anaheim there were dozens of cameramen from literally around the world videoing us and some interviews. Mostly Japanese, German, Mexico and USA TV stations. Dave Despain wanted to interview us. I'm not a talker, so my friend (pictured) did and it was perfect. Dave was a really cool guy. Here's Dave Despain a little haired up.
Dave Despain loses it - YouTube

All I can say is, Awesome!!

Well this thread is thoroughly derailed in a fun way (after seeing Dave's YouTube rant). I am glad this email has brought back some fond memories for you guys. if anyone wants a cold one, feel free to send me a message. I'd just put my phone number here but i'm not sure that's allowed on the forum.

If anyone does happen to own a 10EE with the ELSR, and does come to the rally... I'll supply enough beer for the time that it takes for you to show me how to use the darn thing. Either mine does not work at all, or its a operator head space and timing issue. All of the video's i have seen on how to use them don't compute when it comes to mine.

Back