What's new
What's new

Suggest a Sticky Link

Cal Haines

Diamond
Nominate threads to be included in one of the sticky thread categories.

Post a link here, along with a one-line description of the thread/post.

Cal

One suggestion I might have is to shorten the sticky wall. Not remove the threads from sticky, but maybe create a folder that can hold multiple of those threads. The folder itself is the sticky, and the threads inside.

i.e.

Rebuild threads

Harry Bloom's greatest hits

DC drive threads.

etc etc.

That would reduce a page of stickys we scroll past to get to latest threads.

I'm also easily confused :D. Sometimes I'm looking for a specific sticky and I have trouble locating it.

Let's have some links!
Wull, I'm more of a pacemaker guy than a monarchian but had a friend with a double e that really had problems with the drive. And the double e's seem to be popular (I like the bigger ones better myself, the drive on the ee is such a pain) ... this thread

Parker/Eurotherm 514C/507 4Q SSD DC Retrofit into 1961 10EE Modular

would have been really really helpful to him. Thorough, organized okay, good info, not much blabla, no wrong bullshit, seems like a worthy entry to the sticky contest ?

Cal, can I suggest you start a sticky thread called Monarch FAQ, and include the basic information. e.g. what oil to use, how to get a manual, bearing numbers, etc. I think it would be best if it was locked, and if someone wants to add info they email you, so it stays concise and organized. If you think it would be too much work, find a volunteer to take care of it and edit it as needed.

I think this would be nice under the History section:

1940's Monarch Promo Film

I might suggest leaving the PM thread, verse just the youtube link, as 1yesca could be posting other similar links, though not Monarch, and users could search for them be clicking his his profile, then "latest threads" by him.

An interesting thing would be to find the best couple of threads for each major model of Monarch. AA,NN,CK,CY,CW,60,61,612,613, etc. So at least there is a starting point for anyone looking for info on a specific model. There are some models that are going to be completely unrepresented by owners here, but at least the more common ones. That would make a really useful resource.

Anyone that wants to put together a thread that has a list of best of threads for a particular model or series, great. I'll link it to the appropriate sticky.

Cal

Back