What's new
What's new

Taft Peirce EEs

sneebot

Stainless
Here is an image from a 1947 Taft Peirce booklet. Hard to tell from the crappy cell phone picture but these EE's are back to back. It looks like somewhere between 14 & 20 in this row of machines... in the next row over are the pie ovens.

20210201_125837.jpg

The guy standing there has a prosthetic right hand and his left arm appears to be missing up to the elbow. Either a WW-2 vet. or a machine accident.

The guy standing there has a prosthetic right hand and his left arm appears to be missing up to the elbow. Either a WW-2 vet. or a machine accident.

I'm not sure his hand isn't hidden by the tailstock but it's hard to say for sure.

He also appears to have pen or pencil in his right shirt pocket.

I'm not sure his hand isn't hidden by the tailstock but it's hard to say for sure.

He also appears to have pen or pencil in his right shirt pocket.

His arm does appear to be to the front of the tailstock after looking again. The pen is in his right pocket so hopefully he has his arm hidden and he lived a happy healthy life. The working conditions look pretty good. They dont appear to be sweating. A company like Taft and pierce may have paid well.

His arm does appear to be to the front of the tailstock after looking again. The pen is in his right pocket so hopefully he has his arm hidden and he lived a happy healthy life. The working conditions look pretty good. They dont appear to be sweating. A company like Taft and pierce may have paid well.

I knew women did production during the war but they stayed on.
Taft Pierce made a lot of go , no go gauges. Tha6s precision work. They did good work
Wonder what was acceptical tolorance on a go, no go gauge.

Attachments

• eeefffff (3).jpg
    eeefffff (3).jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 46

I went back and looked at this again. It's really difficult to discern even looking at the actual booklet. It appears that is left arm may be behind him and the right, as noted above, may be behind the tailstock.

I knew women did production during the war but they stayed on.
Taft Pierce made a lot of go , no go gauges. Tha6s precision work. They did good work
Wonder what was acceptical tolorance on a go, no go gauge.

While they show the TP#1 grinders in this booklet it looks like, at the time, the vast majority of work that
TP did was contract manufacturing and machining.

Back