What's new
What's new

tailstock parts to give away

bll230

Hot Rolled
Now that I have my lathe running, I have parts from the unusable original tailstock to give away for free. The base casting is significantly worn, and the main casting and the ram were wasted beyond usability, but I have all the other parts. If you need anything I'll send it for the price of postage.

John

Now that I have my lathe running, I have parts from the unusable original tailstock to give away for free. The base casting is significantly worn, and the main casting and the ram were wasted beyond usability, but I have all the other parts. If you need anything I'll send it for the price of postage.

John
And what kind of Lathe would that be?

As long as your making such a generous offer these are on my list!

HS end way wiper
Spacer
Quill lock Handle
Quill Acme nut

Front Wiper Holder.JPG

Handle.JPG

Nut.JPG

Spacer.JPG

thanks so much!

Brian

CrazyMonkey pmed first, he got his parts.

Bill, Email sent.

the next responses are contingent on what Bill wants.

ZK, I think CM wants that, if he confirms, sorry, he asked first, if I misunderstood you are next.

Marka, if the quill handle is the same as the 10EE, it is yours.

Rakort, I have all, if Marka can't use the handle You'll get it, otherwise the res. The bronze nut has lots of play.

I'll communicate in order. It may be next week. I am going hanggliding tomorrow.

John

Rakort, I have all, if Marka can't use the handle You'll get it, otherwise the res. The bronze nut has lots of play.

I'll communicate in order. It may be next week. I am going hanggliding tomorrow.

John

Thanks John, I'll pay it forward with the extra parts I end up with also.

Appreciate the gesture.

Thanks. The one i've got is functional, just missing the little knob. If someone needs it more than me (no functional alternative) please pass on to them.

I think I was next in line and my quill lock handle is functional as well, knob is in place, but my thread on the inside is about gone. What is the thread size on your lathe?

Rich, got it, no felt though. I made my own from McMaster felt.

Zap, what handle are you referring to?

I’ll start sending stuff out when I get home from California.

I’ll send it for postage, but if anyone wants to contribute to my $500 new tailstock expense I won’t object.

thanks John
when you are back in town i'll come over and get it
i also have to measure the taper attachment bed clamp so i can make one
give me a call when you're back
dont CRASH!

Back