What's new
What's new

Wanted: 10ee Modular Transformers

nobrakese28

Cast Iron
Hi looking for a set of low voltage (200/250) transformers that bolt into the tube cabinet, recently purchased a 480machine and would like to make it run on 240v.

Thanks,

Marco

You might have better luck finding a 440VAC TO 240VAC transformer turn it around and you will have 440VAC for the transformers in the tube cabinet.

It has been so long ago that I may not get details right, but I switched a modular to 240V. The procedure is covered in the manual. You also need to put shunt wires on the current transformers because they are set up for the current drawn by a 480V machine and the 240V one draws twice the current.

I have a pair of WIAD transformers you can have for shipping, but I don't think you need them. If this involves any amount of investment, I would put the money in Scissio solid state thyratron replacements and forget about filament transformers. You can also forget about matching thyratrons and finding replacements when they burn out.

I worked with thyratrons in 1955 when they were the only game in town. I was assigned to make a gyro heater control using one. I hated the miserable little bugger and designed a completely different unit using regular vacuum tubes. Nothing has changed my opinion since.

Bill

Back